Chapter 6

After 6 hard months of crunching time, preparing, and planning our wedding, the day of our wedding has come. I am about to become Mrs. Choi. That’s gonna have to take some getting used to. I chose to wear a traditional, beautiful wedding dress that was designed by a Filipino designer. Since I am half Filipino, and I’m getting married to a Korean, I would like to have both cultures as an element in the dress. I worked with the designer very closely to create a dress that had those two elements. When I saw the finished product, I loved it. I could not believe the beautiful dress that I was seeing. The train was not too long, and the design was amazing. It had pieces that reflected traditional Filipino dress and traditional Korean hanbok. I really love it. I tried on the dress and I almost cried. Seeing myself in the dress and realize all of this is being more and more real. The day of our marriage is upon us now. All that’s left is to walk down that aisle. I flew my parents all the way out to South Korea so they could meet San for the very first time, and watch us get married. It’s funny, all they knew is that I was going to South Korea to work at an entertainment company, then little did they know that, 3 years later, I would be marrying one of my coworkers. We are getting married in Gyeongsan, where San had grown up before moving to Seoul to achieve his biggest dreams.

Now, the time has finally come. My dad locks arms with me and starts walking me down the aisle. Halfway down the aisle, my dad nods to San, and San takes me from my dad. We lock arms, and walk the rest of the way down the aisle. I look into San’s eyes, already getting emotional. Then, I take a look at the crowd. I am shocked to see both Stray Kids and TXT in the audience. Wow. I had no idea they were friends. I scan the rest of the audience, seeing more idol groups, who are friends with ATEEZ. This is amazing. The pastor asks us to state our vows. Once that is finished, and a few tears later, the pastor states, “You may now kiss the bride.” San wastes no time kisses me. He is kissing me the most passionately as our tears are streaming down our faces. We pull away, look at each other, and smile. The audience is clapping and snapping photos of this unforgettable day.

We walked down the aisle for the first time as a married couple. Now that the marriage ceremony is over, it’s time to party! KQ Entertainment rented out a space for us to have our reception party. They actually rented a concert venue because the idol groups who attended the wedding will also be performing for the reception party. We arrive at the venue, I change out of my wedding dress, and change into my performance outfit. Before going out onto stage, I walk over to my parents, and my older brother,
“Let me show you guys what I learned while living in South Korea for these past three years.”
“I can’t wait to see.” Dad said.
“You gonna perform?” Frank asked.
“Yup, watch for me.” I said.
“Aw, yay.” Mom said, then hugged me.
I walk backstage to get my makeup finished for the performance. The first group to perform is Stray Kids. They perform their normal setlist, as they would at normal concerts. They are high energy, and that’s what I love about them. They are definitely rising up in the K-pop world, and are getting the recognition they deserve. They end their portion of the concert with their newest song, Mixtape : On Track. The vibe of this song is very sweet, but in the music video, Hyunjin becomes jealous of Lee Know because the girl is putting all her attention on Lee Know, and Hyunjin likes her. That was a great music video. They made it feel like a student film made on a small budget. I loved it.

The next group to perform is ATEEZ. I will be joining in on their performance. San has taught me all their choreographies to all their songs for the past three years. I can’t believe what I was able to learn. After seeing my progress with dancing, San was beyond proud of me. He loved that I learned how to dance well because of him through these three years of me living here. We perform each of the songs on their setlist. Their setlist includes the following: WIN, Horizon, Pirate King, Twilight, My Way, Light, MIST, Desire, Illusion, Crescent, Wave, Sunrise, If Without You, Aurora, Utopia, Say My Name, Dazzling Light, HALA HALA (Hearts Awakened, Live Alive), Treasure, Precious, WONDERLAND, Answer, Thank U, Star 1117, Promise, and Dancing Like Butterfly Wings. I loved performing each of these amazing songs. ATEEZ never fails to impress me with their music and their talent. My parents and my brother couldn’t believe what they were seeing. They saw me doing all these hard choreographies in perfect sync with ATEEZ. After our performance, we bow to the crowd.

The final groups performing are NCT DREAM and TXT. Despite Renjun having graduated from the group, he came back to the unit for this special performance. There are new members in the group who haven’t performed live yet, so this is a good opportunity. Haechan has also graduated, but he came back too. They perform their setlist, both old and new. Doing a collaboration stage, NCT DREAM and TXT perform together. They do an incredible mashup of their songs that, surprisingly fit well together. I was shocked when I saw these groups performing together. Being around the same age range, their concepts fit well with each other. They concluded this special reception party. Then, all the groups walk out onto stage to thank everyone for coming to the wedding and this reception party. I said a special message to my family and friends who were able to make it out here,
“Yes, to my closest friends and family, I would like to thank you. Without your unconditional love and support, I wouldn’t have made it this far. I would have never taken that risk, flying all the way out here for a job. I thank you for always being on my side. For doing all you can, though we are miles away, we are close in our hearts. Thank you for supporting my marriage to San. Thank you, ATEEZ, for giving me this opportunity to work with you. I will never forget all the wonderful moments with you. I will cherish our time together. I hope that you, ATEEZ, will take on the world like your brothers before you. Just, thank you everyone!”
Everyone applauds my message. I hand the mic to San and hug him tightly. I am bawling my eyes out. I thought I would never see my family and friends again after moving to South Korea. I thought I would never have time to see them because I have the same hectic schedule as ATEEZ. San pats my head, then all the groups take one final bow, closing out the reception party/concert.