Chapter 10

*10 Years Later*
Aaron is showing interest in becoming an idol. San and I have decided to move to America so Aaron could attend high school in America, but it seems as though plans might change. Aaron has been asking for dance lessons from San, wanting to know how to dance like K-pop idols. He’s also been asking to get vocal lessons. Aww, my little boy is going to grow up just like San. Of course, San and I 100% support his decision to become an idol. San and I were doing research for him and it turns out that JYP Entertainment were holding auditions nearby in LA. It was interesting because it’s a survival show as well. Only the best of the best make it to Korea for training. The goal of this project is to create the next big name in K-pop, to create a group similar to NCT from SM Entertainment. I told San,
“Hey, this survival show is a good opportunity for Aaron.”
“Ah, yes. I agree. We should sign him up.” San said.
“Aaron, honey!” I exclaimed.
“Yeah?” Aaron asked.
“We have a surprise for you.” I said.
“Okay, did you find me an audition?” Aaron asked.
“Yes, look. JYP Entertainment is hosting auditions in LA. The catch is that it’s also a survival show. I know you can make it.” I said.
“Oh, sounds cool. Sign me up.” Aaron said.
“Okay, I have been teaching you dance for a while. You should pass the dance audition. For singing, you have been practicing day and night. Your vocals are very strong. I believe in you, son.” San said.
“Thanks, mom and dad. I won’t disappoint you.” Aaron said, hugging San and I.

After signing up Aaron for the audition, all we have to do now is wait for an email back with information. Shortly after signing Aaron up, San receives an email from JYP Entertainment. We have to fill out a paper about Aaron, filling out all his information and his skills. San printed out the piece of paper that we’re supposed to fill out for Aaron. When we finish filling out the paper, San and I take Aaron to his very first audition with one of the biggest Korean entertainment companies ever to exist. Aaron is very excited to be going to his first audition. We arrive at the audition venue and there are many teens around Aaron’s age standing in a line to get into the venue. I park my car and we hang Aaron’s paper to him, and then follow him into the venue. While he is auditioning, we are told to wait with the rest of the parents in the waiting room.

Aaron turns in his paper and he begins talking with the lady about auditioning. She points him to where he’s supposed to wait. The waiting line is very long, so it might be a while. About three hours go by, many kids walk out with either one of these two emotions: sadness and happiness. It’s clear: you either pass or you don’t pass. It’s not just about your looks, but your personality, talents, etc. Aaron walks into the audition room and I’m cheering him on in the background. San also claps happily. The audition lasts around 30 minutes to an hour. After coming out of his audition, he is wearing a gold necklace with a huge smile on his face and tears falling down his face.
“I passed. Mom and dad, I passed.” Aaron said.
“Oh yay, Aaron. I’m so happy for you!” I exclaimed.
San and I surround Aaron in a big hug.
“Thanks you were always on my side.” Aaron said.
“Good luck, son. It may be hard at the beginning, but it will always be worth it.” San said.
“Thanks for the great advice, dad.” Aaron said.
“We love you. Good luck. You’ll be going back to your homeland, but your second home will always be the US.” I said.
“Yes, I know mama. I will, when I debut, I will make a visit back to the US.” Aaron said.
“Love you, Aaron. Make sure to always stay yourself. You have idol potential. Don’t forget that.” San said.