Ch. 1 The Start of Many Encounters

Today, Xu Mai Kiari, was determined, determined yet afraid. 

It was the time of day when the sun was just about to fall. Though, unlike any other day, she was inside the palace of the Kou Empire. Navigating herself through the library in search of a scroll or book, but not just any, one that contained the words to guide her through the process of learning magic.

And she had found it, though in a very painful way... She leaned on a shelf about to give up any hope she had when a book tipped down and landed right on her head. Due to her fragile six-year-old body, she instantly faceplanted on the wooden floor right after impact.

She was elated to find out it was a spellbook, but it didn't last long once she heard footsteps coming her way in a hurry.

Normally this wouldn't have startled her so much. But as far she knew there wouldn't be as many people inside the library today, due to the event that was going on, which was also the reason why she was here.

So now, she was dashing to the door she came in. She thought that this person had stopped going after her until she heard the menacing footsteps again as she tried to open the door.

It took some time before she swung it open. She glanced back to see if she could get a glimpse of whoever this mystery person was, but zoomed out immediately when she saw that he was about to turn the corner.

She only caught the view of red hair and eyes before she left.

     Though this random guy had entered the library to retrieve another scroll. After hearing a sudden thump, his curiosity took over and he went to go and investigate before leaving.

As he did, he didn't fail to notice the small footsteps he heard as he neared the place of questioning.

He was going to just leave it alone out of annoyance because whoever this was, was definitely avoiding him, but he heard noises at the door and decided he'd try again. As he turned the corner, he got a glimpse of the black hair and the bright red eyes of a small girl. 

He only sweatdropped when the little girl zoomed out of the room, leaving the door open. Sighing, he went outside making sure to close the door behind him. He glanced around the halls, not too surprised when he saw that the girl was long gone.

    Panting, Kiari made it out, reaching an open garden empty of any people.

Gulping she quickly checked behind her, not seeing anyone. Why was she scared? She honestly didn't know.

Trying to catch her breath, she went to go sit behind a tree, trying to get a good place to relax. "Alright..." She combed her hair back with her fingers, then opened to the first page of the book, grinning as she couldn't have been more excited. 

The sun was still in the sky, though about to fall, of course, this light wouldn't last long, but for the hour of daylight she had left, she was going to study the book as much as she could.

    The first page was actually something she wasn't expecting. "The eight types of magic that can be individually used..." She muttered, continuing to scan through it as it gave a brief explanation of each type. 

She flipped to the next page, where it explained that each magician has their own magic type that they attract and can easily master. Though it didn't explain much on how a person could find their affinity in magic. But, luckily, Kiari already knew what hers was. And that was light, she was an orange magician.

As she continued on, the next page was an introduction to heat magic, and after that different spells that mainly used heat. She was in awe as she quickly went to find the light magic section, it wasn't too hard for it was the third magic type to be explained.