Prologue

"If you can see the ruhk then that means you must be a magician!" A man said, clapping his hands together as he held a large grin. 

"A magician?" There was a little girl in front of him, looking up at him curiously. "A magician is someone who can do all sorts of incredible things! We can give commands to the rukh around us and transform it into magic! Like this for example!" He placed his hand in front of him, where a ball of fire suddenly formed and hovered above the palm of his hands. 

The girl had wide eyes as she stared at the fire in amazement. "I can do that?" She pointed to the fire, looking up at the man with sparkling eyes.

He grinned, giving her a thumbs up while keeping the fire lit. "Yep! After some training of course." He answered while stopping the fire. 

There was a little pout from the girl at the training part. "But, Jun... training is hard..." She muttered while looking down, frowning. 

The man sweatdropped, recalling what this girl has already had to go through. "Yeah it might be sometimes, but think about it! Once you do it you'll be able to do all sorts of amazing things! And, isn't doing something like this, something you'd like to do?" This time he created water from thin air, which turned into ice sculpted into a flower. 

"Woah!" She fawned in amazement, her eyes wide as she took the cold flower, admiring it. "So?" He tilted his head, keeping his toothy grin. 

She stared up at him, pushing the flower to her chest as her eyes went into a determined gaze. 

"Yes! I'd love to learn magic!"

    Kiari. Xu Mai, Kiari, that's the name of the young girl who had just been introduced to magic. At the moment, she was five years old. She was the only daughter of a noble family within the capital of the Kou Empire, Rakushou. Being part of a noble family, she was already an important figure, but she was also seen as a genius and gifted child.

By six she had already learned much above what was expected for her age. She had a wide range of vocabulary and could speak clearly.

Basically, she was a prodigy. Surpassing other families that feared her capabilities.

And now, she sat with a servant of her house, Jun Si, a secret magician who introduced her to the world of magic.