Chapter 6- Return

"I lost the girl."
"You did what?!"
Tony Stark had just revealed to Bruce Banner that Rose got away. Tony searched for her all day, but couldn't find her. He finally worked up courage to tell Banner.
"Look we cant tell Fury, or he'll live up to the name," Tony said sitting down.
"You know we have to find her," Bruce said.
"I know, but an energy scan couldn't even find her," Tony said.
"How is that possible?" Bruce asked.
Tony shrugged. Suddenly Tony got a call from Happy.
"Happy what's up?" Tony asked pulling up his phone.
"So uh... someone down here says you've been waiting for them. Did you not tell me something or- Hey! Get back here!" the call went silent.
Tony grabbed one of the gloves from his Iron Man suit. It built itself on his hand, and he held it towards the elevator door. A minute later it opened, and someone in a familiar blue hoodie stepped out.
"Miss me?"

————————————

Rose stood with ripped jeans, her blue hoodie, her backpack, and dirty shoes. She slowly walked in, looking around at all the many machines. Tony noticed she was holding something in her hand, and he gestured towards it. Rose threw it at Tony, and he caught it. He looked at his hands to see a metal bolt.
"What is this?" Tony asked.
"Fell off when I picked the lock," Rose said.
"You got guts," Bruce said.
Tony was clearly annoyed, but Rose stood with blank face. He set the bolt on a table, and walked over to Rose.
"So why did you come back?" Bruce asked easing the tension.
"Gave you my word that I would willingly partake in your tests, and being locked up ruins the whole willingly part," Rose said putting her free hand in her pocket.
Bruce muttered something about her having a point, and Tony gave him a quick glare.
"So you're going to let us do our tests?" Tony asked.
Rose nodded, slightly swaying back and forth waiting for further instruction. Tony gestured for her to follow, and she did. Rose set her knife and bag where she did a few days ago, and Tony brought her to another area.
"So are you gonna bail on us again?" Tony asked as he interacted with a hologram.
"Don't lock me up again," Rose said with a cold stare.
"What are you going to do after we finish all of our tests?" Bruce asked.
"Most likely make a new identity and leave the city," Rose said.
"Why not stay?" Bruce asked.
"Why would I? People here know my abilities, and that's a pain," Rose said with a sigh.

Some sort of robot arm drove up to Rose with a syringe in its grasp.
"I need some of your blood," Tony said tapping on a tablet.
Rose pulled up her left sleeve, and Tony caught a glimpse of something black on her skin.
"Kid you got a tattoo?" He asked.
"Uhh no," Rose said awkwardly.
"Then what was that black ink I saw?" Tony asked.
"I-it's a scar," Rose said.
"What kind of scar is black? You should have someone take a look at tha-."
"It's fine!" Rose exclaimed holding up her hands.
Tony sighed, and Rose put her hands down so the robot could draw some of her blood. It took some of her blood, and drove off. Tony threw Rose a bandaid, and she put it on her arm.

———————————

After a few hours of tests, there was only one left. Tony wheeled in some machine that looked like a futurist target.
"Shoot the center of that with an energy blast," Tony instructed putting on some goggles.
"Sure I won't break it?" Rose asked.
"I'm sure," Tony said as Banner also put on some goggles.
Rose put her hood down, revealing her light blue hair. She pulled up her right sleeve, then held her hand in front of her. She closed her eyes and felt the energy flow into her hand. When she opened her eyes, her hand was glowing blue. The light began to glow brighter and brighter.
"Hey Stark, how much power do you want?!" Rose called.
"As much as you can!" He called back.
The light in Rose's hand began to grow much faster than before. She pulled her hand back, and looked at it. She seemed concerned, and quickly held it back out. She shot an energy blast from her hand. The machine was knocked across the room, smoking and in pieces. Tony and Bruce slowly walked into the room, taking off their goggles. Rose was staring at her hand, there were light burns on it.
"I didn't mean destroy the thing," Tony said.
"You said as much as I could. Would've done more if it didn't burn my hands so much," Rose said.
"You can do more?" Bruce asked.
"Y-yeah. I don't know my limit, so I don't know how much more. I don't really use my power too often, and if I did I would probably know my limit," Rose explained to them.
"What's the most you ever did?" Bruce asked.
Rose awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.
"W-well... you see... those caught in the middle of it... um... they aren't coming back," Rose said in a quieter tone.
"What happened?" Tony asked.
"They kind of just... it only took an instant... there were no traces of them left," Rose said.
Bruce and Tony exchanged worried looks. Rose walked over and grabbed her stuff.

"Looks like we're done for the day. Do you need me back tomorrow?" Rose asked trying to change the subject.
Tony nodded, and Rose nodded in return. She stepped into the elevator, and disappeared.
"Banner, she's hiding even more than we thought," Tony said picking up the machine she broke.
"How many people do you think she-," Bruce stopped himself not wanting an answer.
"I don't know, but she said there were over 170 people like her. My guess is they all died to the massive amounts of energy," Tony replied also not wanting an answer.

Bruce grabbed his coat and leg the building. Tony stayed behind, analyzing Rose's blood.
"So the energy comes straight from her cells? That would make sense as to why it hasn't killed her, it's apart of her," Stark muttered to himself.
Stark stood up and stretched.
"Jarvis run the normal tests, I need a drink," he said grabbing some whiskey out of a cabinet.
He poured some out into a glass, and took a drink. Jarvis went through many scans and tests on Rose's blood.
"Sir, you might want to see this," The computer said.
"What is it Jarvis?" Tony asked walking over.
The energy coming from Rose's blood was skyrocketing. All of the sudden, all of the energy from it began to flood out. Tony grabbed the tube of blood and ripped it from the machine. The tube was so hot it burned his hand. He dropped it, and the tube hit the floor. Glass shattered everywhere, as all the energy finally was released. Tony breathed a sigh of relief.
"Jarvis what happened?"
"The blood cells began to release all their energy in defense against some chemicals," Jarvis said.
"So this kid is practically a ticking time bomb?"
"It appears Rose has control of it, but once the cells are separated there is nothing we can do to stop it."
Tony nodded and took another drink. Damn it had been a long day.