Chapter 24- The Team Grows

Rose felt herself slowing being brought back to consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes, noticing her body was moving. That made her fully wake up immediately, causing the person carrying her to nearly drop her.
"Woah woah calm down, Steve told me to find you."
Rose opened and closed her eyes, trying to purge the slight blurriness from her vision. She looked up at the person who's arms she was in.
"You can put me down Sam," Rose said, slightly hoping he refused because of her leg.
"You sure you can walk with a bullet hole in your leg?" Sam asked her.
"I can walk," Rose said, not sure if she was lying.
Sam set her down, and she stumbled a bit to stand. Her right leg was shaky, the pain still almost as bad as the day before. She put her weight onto a nearby wall, her leg wanting to give out already. After a few seconds, she pushed her body off the coarse brick wall. She started to walk with a very bad a noticeable limp.

"You got guts fighting Tony like that," Sam said breaking the silence as Rose struggled to walk.
"Oh yeah, I did that," Rose chuckled scratching the back of her neck.
Rose looked around and noticed she had no idea where they were.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"We're meeting up with Steve and Bucky. I tried to chase that Hydra guy, but he got away," Sam said sounding defeated.
Rose immediately went silent, the memories of the past day filling her mind. She remembered the fear overtaking the rest of her senses, the standing still as Zemo got away.
"You recognized him didn't you? That's why you ran past all that security wasn't it?" Sam questioned.
"I-... yes," Rose said looking at the floor.
"How did you know he was a threat?"

It suddenly hit Rose, Steve didn't tell anyone about her connection to Hydra. She hoped he wouldn't, but expected him to. Now she had another dilemma, does she tell more people? Rose hated that part of her past, she despised looking in a mirror without hiding her shoulder. Despite her hatred for Hydra, she kept the branded symbol on her arm. She knew she could find someone to remove it, and in fact once was mere feet from doing. Something made her feel like she couldn't remove it, like a burden she had to carry.
"Hey kid, you there?"
"Oh so, I zoned out for a second. Just a gut feeling," Rose said finally answering Sam's question.
"You broke the law for a gut feeling?" Sam asked dumbfounded that someone would do all that with no guarantee it would pay off.
"Well... my gut's never been wrong," Rose responded, technically not lying.
"Oh we're here."

Rose followed Sam into an abandoned factory. She saw Steve and Bucky talking, Bucky's metal arm being stuck between some pipes. Rose assumed that was to keep him contained if he fell into a mad rampage again.
"Steve, we're here," Sam said, his words echoing throughout the building.
"I know where Zemo is heading," was Bucky's first words.
"Wow so no, hey how are you? Sorry for shooting your fucking leg," Rose thought to herself.
"There's an abandoned Hydra factory hidden in Siberia where other Winter Soldiers were created. They could take down an entire country in one night, and he's probably planning on releasing them," Bucky continued to say.
Bucky looked at Sam, and made eye contact with Rose. He looked down at her ripped pant leg, replaced with white and red bandages.
"Who shot you?" He asked.
"Oh-uh... you," Rose replied, knowing it wasn't really him in control at that time.
Rose never met Bucky, and her first impression wasn't the best. She had been shot by him, and accused of helping him escape.
"I did? I'm so sorry," Bucky apologized, ashamed.
"I mean, I get it wasn't you per say," Rose replied trying to make him feel better.

"We have more people coming to join us," Steve informed Rose.
"Who?" She asked.
"Clint and Wanda," he replied.
"Oh Cap, can I recruit another guy I dueled a few months ago. He goes by the name Ant Man," Sam asked Steve.
"If you trust him, go ahead," Steve said, making Sam turn around and leave the building.
Rose stood quietly, gripping the straps of her backpack nervously.
"Rose, thanks for fighting Tony back there. I get that probably wasn't easy," Steve said letting Bucky out of his metal restraints.
"Oh, well I just trusted your decisions," Rose responded, making Steve realize she fully trusted him to the point of fighting Iron Man with a severely damaged leg.
"How's your leg," Bucky asked pulling his arm from the pipes.
"Useable," Rose replied walking closer to them.
"You don't have to push yourself," Steve said to her putting in a jacket.
"I'll try not to, but you know I can't help it sometimes," Rose said with a smirk.

Rose noticed she was still wearing her mask, as she fell asleep in it. Her right leg was starting to hurt more, and she was just as pale as yesterday. Nobody said anything about how sickly she looked, and Rose knew they weren't going to say anything. She knew she had to do something more than wash her leg in a river and bandage it up. If her wound got infected, she was done for. Rose noticed they were getting ready to move, so she sucked up the pain to keep up.
"We are heading to Flughafen Leipzig-Halle Airport," Bucky said to Rose, noticing her confusion.
"Where are we meeting up with the others?" Rose asked, still not fully understanding the plan.
"Just outside of it. I'm going to step outside to see if anyone's around," Steve said walking outside.

"Y'know, Steve talks a lot about you," Bucky said grabbing a black baseball cap.
"He does? What's there to talk about?" Rose asked.
"Stuff like your powers, fighting abilities, your sudden shift in personality that intimidates everyone around..." Bucky started to list.
"That intimates people? I can't really help that I do that sometimes," Rose thought to herself.
"Oh and how you remind him of himself," Bucky added, finishing his list.
"I what?!" Rose asked shocked.
"Yeah, I can see it," Bucky replied.
"But Rogers is heroic and patriotic and a leader. Meanwhile I've hurt so many people and I usually don't like working with others," Rose said quickly, clearly confused and nervous.
"He was referring to your determination, which he said is impressively strong. He didn't give up on joining the army even after being told there was no chance of it. You apparently refused to back down from Sokovia, no matter the risk," Bucky explained.
Rose didn't respond, not knowing how to feel.

Steve let them know it was clear, and they left the building. Rose changed her pants into her only other pair of normal pants, which were black sweatpants. Rose did her best not to limp, knowing they would be looking for that. They passed by a store playing the news. It had the list of everyone who was wanted, showing their pictures. Rose's picture was a blurry side view from a camera, the new reporter commenting that the Nameless Avenger always kept her face hidden from cameras. Rose did this naturally, taking notes of every camera and keeping her face hidden from them. It was a part of her training in Hydra, and has been instinct ever since.

——————————

Over the next few days they slowly made their way to the airport. The goal was to get Steve and Bucky on a plane, getting them to the Hydra base with the other Winter Soldiers. They met up with Wanda and Clint, and eventually Sam and Ant Man.
"Oh hey, I'm Scott," Ant Man said sticking out his hand to Rose.
Rose looked at his hand, then looked at him.
"What can do you?" Rose asked shaking it.
"I can shrink, what can you do?" Scott replied.
"Shoot blasts of cosmic energy from my hands," Rose said, making Scott retract his hand in fear.
"Oh that's terrifying. Who are you anyways?" Scott questioned the girl in the mask.
"The media calls me the Nameless Avenger," Rose said making Scott seem to geek out.
"Oh wait you're real?! Dude I so thought you didn't exist! But like, no offense or anything," He said to Rose, making her move back further into the back of the van.
"Y-yeah... that was the point," Rose explained.
"Stop the chit chat, we're at the airport," Sam said to everyone in the back.
Rose pulled out her knife, and checked the sharpness of the blade. Everyone else got suited up, ready to fight.