Chapter 15- Vision

Rose sat watching the synthetic body. Tony and Bruce were working on uploading Jarvis into the body. They were trying to make up for Ultron.
"Is this a good idea?" Rose asked.
"I trust Jarvis," Tony said plugging some wires in.
Rose shrugged and didn't argue. Captain America and the twins bursted into the room.
"Tony what's wrong with you?!" Cap yelled.
The twins tried to stop him from uploading Jarvis into the body, but Tony put on one of his suits and fought back. There was constant arguing, and everyone was on the brink of fighting. Rose sat back and watched. She decided to wait to get involved if things got worse. Thor flew into the room, and threw down his hammer. He struck the body with lighting, bringing to to life.

Rose stood up, and observed the red person standing in the center of the room. Everyone went quiet, waiting to see what happened.
"Are you on our side?" Cap asked.
The new creation looked around at everyone.
"Yes," it said with Jarvis's voice.
Rose walked up to him.
"Vision," she said.
Everyone looked confused.
"Your name, Vision. Feels wrong to call you Jarvis now," Rose explained.
"Vision? I like that name," Vision said.
Nobody questioned it any further. Nobody seemed to trust Vision yet.
"I want to help you all. I know you don't have a reason to trust me, but I can prove to you I'm not like him. We need to work together," Vision said.
Vision was holding Thor's hammer, holding it out for Thor to pick up. The hammer could only be lifted by those who were "worthy". Thor's eyes went wide.
"If the hammer deems him worthy, I trust him," Thor told everyone.
Wanda walked up to him and used her powers to read him mind.
"He's on our side," she informed everyone.
"Vision, give me your hand," Rose instructed.
"May I ask why?" Vision asked.
"I want to see how powerful you are," Rose said.
"Is that really necessary?" Tony asked.
"I can feel an overwhelming amount of energy radiating from him," Rose said holding out her hand.
Vision took it, and Rose closed her eyes. Both her and Vision's hands began to glow. Everyone watched with confusion, even Vision. Rose's eyes shot open and she jumped back, standing in a cat-like pose.
"H-he's strong, extremely strong," Rose said with wide eyes catching her breath.
"Glad he's on our side then," Cap said.
"Problem is, I can't help you track Ultron any further," Rose sighed.
"We can help with that," Pietro said.

Pietro and Wanda told everyone everything they knew about Ultron. They told them specifically about Ultron's hideout in Sokovia. Black Widow was most likely being kept there. They learned his plan from Wanda, who read Ultron's mind. Rose listened closely, remembering every detail. Once they were done, Captain America walked up to her.
"Rose, Tony and I decided you aren't coming for this one," he said.
"Did I mess up on the last one?" Rose asked.
"No no, you did just fine. You saved the Doctor, and didn't stray from your instructions. You even landed a hit on Ultron," Cap explained.
"I swear if this has to do with my age," Rose muttered.
"Partially," Cap admitted.
"What about the other part?" Rose asked.
"We just don't want innocent peopl-."
"Shut it, I know I liar when I see one. What's the real reason?" Rose asked.
"We're worried it might be too overwhelming for you. You seem like a very laid back individual, and this isn't anything to laugh at," Cap said.
Rose's eyes immediately went cold and serious. It startled everyone that saw it. Her nervous smile was gone, and she looked quite villainous.
"Do you truly believe I'm some idiotic child who has no grasp on the current situation? The entire world is at risk, and I know it. It's not that I'm laid back, or that I'm not scared, it's that I know how to keep my cool," Rose said with an extremely cold tone.
Rose pulled up her sleeve, showing some of the many scars on her body.
"I've been through hell and back Rogers. If you think I don't know how to get serious, then your just as dumb as Stark and Banner for making Ultron," Rose said pulling her sleeve down.

Captain America had nothing to say. He hadn't seen so many small scars littered on a single body. Her face was cold, and emotionless. It was clear that was her true self, and that the rest of the time it was an act used to normalize herself.
"I believe we should allow her to join us, she is a powerful fighter," Thor said.
"I-we can't- Tony what do you think?" Cap asked.
"Let Rose decide," Tony said.
Rose nodded, and Tony sighed.
"If you die, it's not my fault," he said leaving the room.
"If you underestimate me, it's not my fault," Rose said with her back to him.
"Well then, everyone rest up. Tomorrow we fight," Cap informed everyone.
Rose was told she could sleep in Avengers Tower, and she agreed to. Rose got ready to sleep on the couch, when she had an idea. She left the building, and wandered until she found a pay phone. She pulled a sticky note out of her bag, and dialed the numbers written on it.

"Hello this is Amanda, who is this?"
"It's Rose."
"Rose! I was worried you wouldn't call me! Have you seen all this Avenger stuff? They really need to get their act together."
"Yeah you're right, they're a mess."
"Anyways, hows it been?"
"I actually called for something else."
"What? Everything ok?"
"Not really. Long story short, I'm about to do something really stupid."
"You doing something stupid? It must be bad."
"I'm calling because there is a chance I will die. I didn't want to never call you and you just think I forgot about you, when in reality I'm dead."
"D-die? What's going on?"
"If you don't hear from me for a while, it's best to assume I died. I'm sorry that this is my first call to you."
"Rose I don't know what's happening, but I trust you. If you die on me, I'll never forgive you."
"Understood. Now don't go planning my funeral yet, I'm still alive."
"I better not have to."
"I'll try my best to avoid giving you that mild inconvenience."
"How can you sound so nonchalant about this all? I will never understand you. I refuse to let you die until I understand what goes on in your head."
"Might take a few lifetimes for that one."
"I don't know, I picked up on some of your analysis techniques."
"Oh really? Shit I'm running out of time on this phone. Bye Amanda."
"Cya Rose, and please be safe."
Rose clicked the phone back into place. She began to walk back to the tower, enjoying the calm night. She looked at the stars, enjoying the light of each one. When she arrived in the tower, she laid down on the couch. Rose pulled out her blanket, and fell asleep.

—————————————

Rose was in uniform by the time everyone arrived. They got ready quickly, and got into the Quinjet. The entire ride was filled with constant planning, and trying to figure out how to stop this with little casualties. Rose caught on to one flaw in their plan.
"What about the internet situation?" She asked.
Tony specifically stepped forward.
"I think I have a way to stop all communication network signals from reaching that area. Ultron won't have a way to escape," he said.
"Good, get on that," Cap instructed.
After a little while longer, they had a plan in order. Soon they were above Sokovia, and ready for the fight.