Chapter 2

Edited

Taylor and I have been casually shooting the breeze for the past ten minutes. I've noticed that he apparently finds me really funny. I had made a joke about one of the meanest teachers at our school and now Taylor is trying to stifle the guffaws that he wants to make.

"So, uh, Shawn. I'm having a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you'd like to come?" He asked while trying to catch his breath. Once I was able to catch my own breath, I responded.

"Ooh, Taylor, are you hitting on me?"

"No, I swear I'm not. You know, you can totally bring Nash." He adds on quickly, before starting to laugh again.

"Alright, cool. I'm not doing anything tomorrow night anyway."

"Cool. I'll text you the address. Nash gave me your number in case of emergency, if you were wondering how I have your number." He explained while taking out his phone. I disregarded his justification and turned to Nash, ready to pitch the party idea.

"Hey Nash?"

"Yes babe?" He replied. 

"Do you wanna go to the party with me tomorrow?"

"Only if you come over tonight." He bargained. I had my whole night planned out and now I have to go and hang out with Nash. I was going to do my homework, catch up on a few shows, make myself a fancy dinner and tackle my to-do list, but now all of those plans have to be postponed again. I love Nash but it's so hard to focus on anything when he's around.

"Deal." I sighed, cursing the fact that I could never say no to things like this.

"Nash is gonna GET SOME tonight!" Cameron enthuses loudly. Nash rolled his eyes and threw a fry at his best friend, although we all knew that he secretly loved the attention.

"No worries, we'll be there, man." Nash assured Taylor before carrying out a small handshake.

"Sweet." Taylor replied with a small head nod. Suddenly, the loud bell to signal the end of lunch rang, which resulted in Nash's friends beginning to get up from the table and make their way back towards the school. Once we had all entered the school, we waved goodbye to one another and went our separate ways.

When I reached my locker, before I could enter the combination, Nash spun me around to face him. He planted a gentle kiss on my cheek and smiled warmly. 

"I'll see you after school babe." He winks while discreetly grabbing my ass. I respond with only a small smile before turning back to my locker.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asks, as if he could sense that something was off.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking... about tonight." I tell him, truthfully. 

"Well, if you're that eager, maybe we could sneak off to the bathroom and..." His voice trails off as he whispers the rest in my ear.

"I'd love to, but I have a test next period." I shrugged. "Tonight will be fun though, right?" I felt as if I was asking myself for reassurance rather than him.

"You'll love it, like always. Anyway, I'll see you soon babe." He adds before pulling me into a passionate kiss. I grabbed his jaw and kissed back with an equal amount of power. When he broke the kiss and headed off to class, I noticed Taylor walking down the hallway towards his locker which was right next to mine.

I smiled at my new acquaintance, but got a strange feeling in my stomach as soon as he smiled back. Yuck. I guess my lunch isn't sitting well.