Chapter Three

The room remained silent until the youngest of the room stood up, creating a loud screeching sound of the chair sliding on the tile floor. He winced slightly but remained his composure.

"I would love to talk to you," he smiled widely. Daisy felt her heart begin to race. She nodded and stepped away from the table where she had been eating dinner. She walked towards him, and the table of boys, causing her heart to beat even faster. If that was even possible.

The boy stuck out his arm and Princess Daisy gladly slid her arm through his. She pulled him forward and the pair could feel the eyes of the ballroom on them as Daisy led them out into the hallway and towards a garden scene.

"Would you like to sit on the bench?" Daisy turned toward him, biting her lip nervously. He nodded and followed her to a bench in the middle of the beautiful rose garden.

"So," she began. "I don't mean to start off the night on a bad foot, but, remind me of your name?" The boy chuckled lightly. "Don't worry Princess, I'm aware there are a lot of other people here." She nodded, appreciating the comfortableness she felt around him.

"Harrison," he said at last. "Harrison Burton." Daisy nodded, his photograph coming to mind.

"So, Harrison, what brings you here?" Harrison sighed for a moment. "Honestly?" Daisy was caught off guard a little bit. She hadn't expected to say anything but the truth. "Of course," she replied eagerly.

"Things at home are not the best. I've been, I don't know, stuck?" he offered. Daisy locked eyes with him, urging him to continue. "My parents haven't been getting along and I can't bear to watch their relationship fall apart. This opportunity gave me a chance to get out of my house as well as create a relationship stronger than my parents. One that won't crumble under pressure."

Daisy nodded. She knew she was lucky to have parents that remained together. It was not an uncommon occurrence to meet someone whose parents had split. It was something the country couldn't control no matter how hard King Richard seemed to try.

Daisy reached across the small space between them and placed her hand on his, giving him a gentle squeeze. "I appreciate you confiding in me," she replied softly. He nodded and held her gaze.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He complimented her earnestly. Daisy felt a blush painting itself on her cheeks, causing her to look away. "Oh, please," she teased.

"Trying to win me over through flattery? And on night one? This is unheard of!" She turned back to him. Harrison was grinning. He shook his head. "Princess Daisy, if you chose me I would win you over every day for the rest of your life."

Here we go again, Daisy's heart flipped over in her chest. "Harrison Burton," she mocked. "You have successfully made a lasting first impression." Harrison smiled, returning the hand squeeze she had just given him.

The two chatted for a few minutes longer until Daisy found her head on Harrison's shoulder. They remained like this for a moment until, as if she had forgotten, Princess Daisy remembered there were eleven more guys inside waiting for their turn to do the same thing.

She sighed sadly and lifted her head from his shoulder. Harrison sensed their time had drawn to close and stood up. He outstretched his hand towards Daisy. She put her hand in his and Harrison placed a gentle kiss in the center of her hand, shooting butterflies around in Daisy's stomach.

With that Harrison turned and began his walk back inside. "Could you tell someone else to come back!" Daisy called after him. Harrison turned back towards her, gave a wink, then turned back around.

Daisy felt herself thinking of Harrison and how she had felt so comforted with her head on his shoulder, resting on him. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice her next suitor had walked in.