Chapter 1

It was a normal day at Collège Françoise Dupont, and it was nearing the end of the day. Everyone was starting to pack up, but then, "Class, please sit down. I have one more special announcement before you may begin to pack up."

The students then put their supplies on their desk and sat down to listen. "This Friday we will be having our thirty-fourth annual talent show. On the bulletin board in front of the school will be the sign-ups. It has more information about the talent show on the sign-ups information. You may begin packing up now."

As everyone began to leave the classroom, they could all overhear Chloe talking to Sabrina, "I'm going to do the talent show, again Sabrina! Everyone's going to love me, you know it!" Most of them rolled their eyes at that.

Marinette and Alya began walking out together, on their way to the front of the school. Alya stops at the bulletin board.  "Hey Marinette, are you going to do the talent show? I've heard you sing before, it's amazing!" Alya commented. Marinette blushes. "Thanks Alya, but I'm not sure. You know I have bad stage fright. Plus, I'd probably just mess up the lyrics to whatever I would sing, anyways.", Marinette sighs.

"I think Alya's right Marinette. I know I've never heard you sing before but I can definitely guarantee that you have a gifted voice." Someone behind them says. Marinette jumps a bit at the voice, then turns around. "A-Adrien? Y-you really t-think s-so?" Marinette turns a shade of pink.

"I know so Marinette." He then gives his signature smile, then walks away. "I guess I'll sign up.." Marinette sighs in defeat, then writes her name on the sign-up list. "Yes, Marinette! You're totally going to rock!" Alya says in joy. "Thanks Alya, but I'm going to get going. See you tomorrow!" Marinette waves then begins to walk home.

Once Marinette reaches the bakery, her parents greet her. "Hey, sweetie! How was your day at school?" Sabine asks. "It was fine mama. I'll be up in my room if you need me." Marinette rushes up the stairs. "Hmm.. Marinette's acting a bit strange today.." Sabine thinks.

Marinette lays on her bed a begins to think what song she should sing. She ponders about it for about 30 minutes before she begins to think of an idea. "Wait, maybe instead of just singing a song, I should write an original one!" Marinette then grabs a brand new notebook and labels it as, "songwriting book".

She then begins to ponder a good lyric for the first verse. "I found a guy, told me I was a star," she began writing that verse. "He held the door held my hand in the dark," Suddenly, Marinette gets all these amazing ideas for the song, and begins writing them down.

After tons of brainstorming, she realizes she likes where the song ends and decides that that would be the end of the song. But she still had one more thing to do, name the song. Immediately, she writes the name of the song. And it didn't take much thought.

After all that songwriting, she was super tired. She didn't even care that she didn't eat dinner, she was exhausted. She didn't even care that she was still in her clothes she wore to school today, hence she was exhausted. After closing her eyes for not long, she was already sound asleep.

DATE FINISHED: 4/7/20
WORD COUNT: 584

Edited: 4/29/20