Chapter 7

Marinette wakes up on a Friday morning, setting her alarm earlier than normal. She takes a shower, gets dressed, does her hair and makeup, and brushes her teeth. She didn't bother eating breakfast today.

When Marinette got to school, she was 20 minutes early. So she headed into the auditorium and went to the piano. Marinette started singing the song, practicing.

When it was 5 minutes until school started, Marinette went to class. She wasn't wearing her dress because the talent show is during free period, but everyone has to show. So during lunch she was going to head to the bakery and put on her dress.

When Marinette got to class, Mrs. Bustier was already there, about to teach the lesson. Marinette and Adrien weren't able to talk to each other then.

When it was finally lunch, Marinette and Adrien still didn't talk to each other all day. Alya knew were she was going during lunch, so she was hanging out with Nino during lunch.

Marinette rushed to the bakery and went into her bedroom. She then got the dress out of the closet and put it on. Marinette went downstairs and her parents were awed. "You look so beautiful honey," Tom said. Marinette giggles, "Thank you Papa!". She then ate lunch ate the bakery.

When Marinette made it to school, she had to go to the auditorium behind the curtains. Marinette and Adrien were going out to the stage in different sides, so they couldn't see each other.

Marinette went and waited until it was their turn. After about an hour, it was finally their turn. When Marinette walked across the stage, everyone looked at her in awe.

When Adrien came out, the only person was in awe was Marinette, of course.

Adrien could tell she was nervous, she has stage fright. She was looking all around the room seeing all these people who came.

Adrien held her chin and turned her towards him. "Marinette, it's going to be okay, just look into my eyes." He said with his soft, soothing voice. Marinette nodded, and started playing the piano.

[Adrien]
I fell in love
With the only girl who knows what I'm about

[Marinette]
I fell in love
With a boy and I can't tell if I fell out

After all is said and done
I can't just pretend I'm movin' on

As soon as she started singing, it just felt like it was only Adrien and her, in their own world.

[Adrien]
Is it just a part we're playing?
'Cause it don't feel like we're fakin'

[Both]
When we're underneath the lights
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singing side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment
Just for a moment
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?

When they both sang, their voices connected perfectly together, like a puzzle.

[Adrien]
Way, way back then
Always dreamed it's you and me till the end

[Marinette]
Now, we can't play pretend
And I'm scared to talk to my best friend

Should I stay or let you go?
Will you love me when the curtains close?

[Adrien]
Is it just a part we're playing
'Cause it don't feel like we're fakin'

[Both]
When we're underneath the lights
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singing side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment
Just for a moment
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?

Adrien gazes into her blue moonlight eyes. It was like a drug to Adrien; he was addicted. Once you stared into them, you couldn't stop staring.

[Marinette]
Maybe, your heart still stops when you see me
Maybe it's worth another try, better place, better time

Adrien softly begins caressing her cheek.

[Both]
When we're underneath the lights
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singing side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment
Just for a moment
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
A moment in love
(Just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?

When we're underneath the lights
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment

When the song ends, they could her clapping, but they didn't care; they were in their own world, together. Marinette notices Adrien slowly start to lean in, so she follows.

As soon as their lips connected, you could hear the crowd roaring. They soon became addicted to each other's lips; craved more. The kiss seemed to last for minutes, but it was only a few seconds. There lips parted, foreheads touching.

They both gaze into each other's eyes, so lovingly. Finally, for the first time all day, they spoke to each other. Adrien's soft voice said, "I love you, my princess.".

Marinette took a few seconds to process what he had said, but soon replied. "I love you too, Adrien. I love you so much."

They both walked off the stage together, hand in hand. They both realized what love was, and they never wanted the sensation of it to end.

DATE PUBLISHED: 4/15/20
WORD COUNT: 890
A/N: Wow, I just realized this is the first authors note I did, but oh well. I hope you enjoyed this story! Let me know what other kinds of stories you would like to see from me! ❤️