Chapter 5

After school, Marinette couldn't stop thinking about what happened between her and Adrien during free period while they were practicing. "I can't believe I almost kissed Adrien..." She thought.

The next morning, Marinette was early to school again. When Marinette saw Alya, she then asked her, "Hey Alya, what day is it?" Marinette asks. "It's Wednesday, why?" Alya asks in confusion. "The talent show is on Friday..." Marinette trails her words.

Alya was about to respond, until the teacher came in and told them to get to their seats.

During class, Marinette and Adrien kept making eye contact to each other, but looked away blushing  when they caught one another.

When lunch finally arrived, Marinette was walking with Alya, laughing at one another. When they found their seat, Alya sat across from each other, sitting next to Nino. Marinette and Alya were in a deep conversation, when she heard someone sitting next to her. She looks at the person, and it was Adrien.

"H-hey Marinette..." He trails. Marinette knew she would stutter if words came out of her mouth, so she just waves.

After lunch, it was then free period. Adrien said he wanted to hang out with Nino during free period, and that they would practice together tomorrow. Marinette hangs out with Alya during free period, having the time of their life. When free period was over, Alya and Marinette were already in their seats, prepared for the lesson.

Once school was out, Marinette rushed home. Once she finally got up to her bedroom, she collapsed on her bed thinking about how they almost kissed. "I can't believe what happened yesterday... but I shouldn't get my hopes up. I know he doesn't like me that way..." Marinette sighs.

FINISHED: 4/14/20
WORD COUNT: 290