Chapter 2

Marinette's alarm goes off, and she wakes up. She then realizes it's been going off for 10 minutes, and hurries to get ready, although she knew she would be late by the time she got to class.

She begins to pack up her backpack, and decides to bring her songwriting book. She then hurries and heads to school.

When she bursts through the classroom door, Ms. Bustier, didn't even have to take her eyes off the class to know who was late. "Late again, Mrs. Dupain-Chang?" Ms. Bustier comments. "I'm sorry Ms. Bustier..." Ms. Bustier sighs then tells her, "I'm not even suprised you're late again, Marinette. Just go sit down." Marinette hurries to her seat next to Alya.

"Late again, Mrs. Dupain-Chang?" Alya whispers to her in her best Ms. Bustier voice. Marinette giggles slightly. "You know me Alya, I'm always late. When's the last time I was on time for school?" Marinette states. "I don't even think there was a time." Alya smirks, and then both begin to laugh quite loud, unable to control their laughs.

"Ms. Césaire and Ms. Dupain-Cheng, would you like to tell the class what's making you laugh so hard that you both interrupted my lesson?" Ms. Bustier glares at the both of them. Alya sighs, and Marinette gives her cheesy smile and says, "U-uh n-no M-ms. B-bustier..." Marinette stutters and fear." Ms. Bustier sighs. "In all my years of teaching, I've never done this, but you both seem to talk to eachother TOO MUCH, it seems that I have to move you both." Marinette gasps and says, "Wait, Ms. Bustier! We promise we won't talk-"

"Nonsense, Ms. Dupain-Cheng! I've told you both countless times throughout this year, and you still always end up interrupting my class somehow!" Marinette sighs in defeat. "Marinette, Nino, switch spots. It will be your permanent seat for the rest of the year. Marinette turns a unoticable shade of pink, but then does what she was told.

After Ms. Bustier finished teaching the lesson, their is still half an hour left of class. "Students, you may have free period for the rest of the class, as I seem to have finished my lesson a bit early."

Marinette then gets out her songwriting book, and begins to look over the song she wrote. "Wow, Marinette. I didn't know you wrote songs." Marinette flinches, but then turns to her left to see Adrien.

"O-oh well, I just decided i-instead of singing a unoriginal s-song, I w-would sing an o-original song that I-i wrote." Marinette blushes a shade of pink, but  Adrien being the oblivious guy he is, doesn't seem to notice. "That's nice Marinette. I'm going to talk to Nino, I'll see you later." Marinette waves.

After lunch, it was then free period. Nino, Alya, Marinette, and Adrien we're all hanging out. Marinette decides if she wants to sing an original song, she would have to practice it. "Hey guys, um, I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back." Marinette rushes off. "That's weird.. someone should go follow her to see what she's really doing..." Alya stated. Before he could even control what he was about to say he blurts out, "I'll go follow her." And Adrien follows Marinette.

Marinette rushes to the theater. "This isn't the girls restroom... this is the theater, what is she doing here?" Adrien thought. Marinette got out her songbook, and put it on the piano. During lunch, she began to write a rythm with piano notes that would go good with the song.

I found a guy, told me I was a star
He held the door held my hand in the dark
And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face
Does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved

Adrien gasps, but stays quiet, due to wanting to here more.

And there's one more boy, he's from my past
We fell in love but it didn't last
'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away
And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway
And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you

All I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask
Is it something wrong with me
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day
But shouldn't that be enough for me
Ooh ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh

"I knew she had a gifted voice," Adrien thought.

And I miss the days
When I was young and naive
I thought the perfect guy would come and find me
Now happy ever after it don't come so easily

Adrien blushes, "Her voice is so beautiful," He thought.

All I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask
Is it something wrong with me, oh
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day
And all I want is for that to be okay

As Marinette finishes the last note on the piano, she sighs and blurts out, "This song sucks, maybe I shouldn't  write an original song after all..."

A voice then blurts out, seeming upset at what she just said, "That was amazing Marinette! The song is amazing! You're so talented!" Marinette gasps, and then turns around to see Adrien with his fists clenched. As she was about to say something, Adrien beats her to it. "Marinette, you should sing that song you made in the talent show, because others will realize how gifted and talented you are! You have an amazing voice and I can tell you poured your heart out into this song!" Adrien says. "A-Adrien? W-what are you doing h-here?" Marinette finally says.

Adrien realized that the situation was awkward, so he just told the truth. Alya thought that you were being suspicious, so she asked one of us to see what you were doing, and I volunteered." Marinette sighs, "Thank for the compliment Adrien, but I have stage fright.. I can't do it.." She puts her head down.

"Then I'll do it with you. Write another song, it could be a love song, sad song, or whatever." Marinette stares at him wide-eyed, then says, "Adrien, are you sure? I mean, you don't have to if you don't want-" "Marinette! I wouldn't be asking you to sing with me if I didn't want to would I?" He says, then chuckles. Marinette giggles at his comment. "I guess not.." Marinette then starts looking around the room, until she spots the clock. "Uh Adrien.. we have two minutes to get back to class..." She says softly. Adrien was wide-eyed for a moment, before grabbing her hand and running to class.

DATE FINISHED: 4/7/20
WORD COUNT: 1182

Edited: 4/29/20