Chapter 7, Jordan: Dance Dance Revolution

It's Saturday. I've been up all night thinking about Autumn. I don't know if I like her in that way or not. I really need to clear my mind. I might go and talk to Noah for a bit or go shoot some hoops out in the driveway. I don't know. But before I could decide what I want to do, my mom burst through my door.

"JORDAN!" My mom yells. I'm in confusion since I haven't done anything wrong.

"I'm late for work! Please take care of Olivia today! I'll be back at 4, and please try to take her outside to play for a bit. I left money on the kitchen counter if you want to take her out for food! Okay?" She explains while adjusting her uniform. 

"Alright," I say, getting up from my bed.

"Thank you so so much," she says while leaving my room quickly.

Olivia walks into my room with her teddy bear and would walk towards me.

"Jordy, what are we doing today?" She asks me, hugging her bear. I love how she calls me 'Jordy', it's adorable. Except the first time Noah heard her call me 'Jordy' he started calling me the same which is just weird when he says it. I sometimes call Olivia 'Liv" for short. We have nicknames for each other. 

"I don't know, Liv. What do you want to do? Do you want to go play in the backyard? Do you want to eat first?" I ask. It's 11 a.m. so if she wants to eat then I can take her to Pizza Hut or something. 

"Can we go and buy something to eat?" She requests. Just as I was about to reply, I hear mom yell from downstairs.

"JORDAN, OLIVIA, I'M LEAVING! DON'T MAKE A MESS! LOVE YOU, BYE!"

Olivia walks out my room, peaking through the railings to see our mom leaving. Liv waves her goodbye and mom waves back with a smile. As mom shuts the door, I ask Liv, "Want to go get some pizza?" 

"No! We get pizza too much," she objects.

"Can we go get food from the place we went to last week?" She asks. For a 5 year old, she knows how to speak really well. 

"Sure. While I'm driving, think about what you want to eat. After we eat, want to go to the arcade?" I ask while picking her up. 

"Yes," she says. Liv is still in my hands with her arms wrapped around me and her bear in one of her hands when I get a text from Coraline.

"Give me a second, Olivia. Go put on your shoes, I'll be downstairs in a minute." I say, gently putting her down. I open imessage and text Coral back.

Coral <3:

bb, u free 2day?

Me:

no, srry. i have to babysit olivia and then i gotta meet up w someone for a project

Coral <3:

oh ok, it's ok maybe another time

(x2) Coral <3:

who do u have to meet?

Me:

don't get mad but it's autumn

Coral <3:

oh ok. wanna do something tmrw? :/

Wow she took that surprisingly well. I thought she'd go all nuts on me.

Me:

yep, can i txt you later?  

Coral <3: 

yes, sure. ok bye, ily

Me: 

ly2