Eleven

July 15, 1995
Janet was at home getting ready for her wedding day. She and Tupac weren't having a 'traditional wedding', but she still wasn't gonna let him see her before it was time.

Mariah, Afeni and Katherine were helping Janet get ready at home, while Michael was helping Tupac get ready over at Neverland. Katherine and Afeni were downstairs making sure everything was in order before it was time to head over to the courthouse.

"Mimi, thank you for doing my makeup." Janet said.
"Girl, of course. This is your big day and I want everything to be amazing," She paused as she carefully lined Janet's lips.
"Now tell me what you think." She said after applying a smooth coat of lip gloss.

Janet looked at herself in the mirror and could almost cry. For once she saw the beauty that Tupac saw in her.

"I guess those 500 hours of beauty school did pay off!" She flipped her hair.
"You just love to remind everyone of that." Janet laughed.
"Don't you start crying and fuck up your makeup.." Mariah joked.
Janet rolled her eyes.
"When you and Michael get married again, I'll do your makeup."
"Uh uh girl. Here you go making this about someone else.. you look gorgeous. And if Tupac doesn't cry when he sees you I'm gonna make you turn back around and start all the way over." Janet just laughed and hugged Mariah.

Meanwhile, Tupac was having wedding day jitters.
"Man, I just don't wanna mess this up." No
"You won't. If I thought for one second you weren't the one for Janet, I wouldn't be helping you right now."
"Listen," Michael sat next to him.
"In some ways Janet is like my baby. I was there when my mother brought her home, I watched her grow up. I was there when she got her heart broken, when she lost her baby."

Tupac looked up at Michael with a shocked expression. Michael gave him a knowing look.

"Yes I know about everything that happened with her and Rene. I also know from the moment she met you, she liked you. After the screentest for Poetic Justice she called me and told me that she felt something when she looked at you and she just couldn't understand why. She thought it was just you acting but she wasn't. Janet's a real professional when it comes to acting but told me every time she kissed you she felt a spark."

Michael thought back to their conversation after they filmed their scene on the beach.

"Michael, I'm telling you, when he pushed my hair behind my ear and was looking at me, I really felt something. It felt like the real thing." Janet sighed.
"Maybe it was, Dunk. Why don't you just talk to him? From what you're telling me, he seems like a sweet guy. More than likely, he probably feels the same way you do." Michael said while pouring food in the dog bowls.
"I just.. what if I'm too damaged and he won't love me when he sees?"
Michael watched Sasha and Shadow begin to eat before continuing. "Dunk, you are beautiful and you deserve love like everyone else. If Tupac can't accept your flaws then he doesn't deserve to be with you."
"I appreciate your advice. I will talk to him. I really feel like we could be something. Now only if I would stop acting so shy with him."
"I don't know how to help you with being more confident exactly. You might want to talk to Mariah about this." He chuckled.
"I think I will. Thank you Mike. I love you."
"I love you too, Dunk."
"Now go tell my sister in law to pick up the phone."

Mariah was trying to calm Janet as she did her hair. Her anxiety was through the roof.
"Jay, you need calm down girl. It's not good for you and Elijah."
Just as Mariah said that, Elijah started kicking Janet.
"Mommy's sorry baby.. I'll calm down now." She placed her hand on her stomach as she talked to him.
Janet looked up at Mariah through the mirror.
"I guess I just never thought this day would come...I know you remember our first conversation about Tupac."
"Jan, of course I do! You were sprung even back then.."
They giggled as the thought back to their conversation.