Chapter 5 : Chills

Left fist. Right fist. Strike. Strike. Strike. Again and again. Don'teven think about a break.

Boxing. It feels good. Like every week-end when I don't race I'm atmy boxing class with my personal trainer Walid. Fighting sports always helping me to release the pressure. Every demon trying to eat me inside is pushed outside in such occasion.

But today i'm not as focus as ever.

My mind is going everywhere. I think of him. My rival. His dad killed himself. The press released the info and talked about his cancer. Sean Martin was a well known business man so lot of people were shocked by the news. I don't know how I would react at Shannon's place. My dad...Mein Gott. He's basically my best friend. My favorite human on this fucking heart. Jorgen is all i've got. I couldn't cope without him. I may be naive but i'm praying to keep him again fifty or sixty years. I can be so childish sometime. Nobody is immortal. I already learnt that leason with Anna. Yeah. I get that one the hardway. Rest in Peace little sist.

Walid strikes my shoulder to make me come back.

Where are you buddy ? Boxing class is here and now.

He's right. I sigh. Coming back in my guard position. Ready to strike harder.

*

When i'm arriving at Barcelona's track, my mind is now focused on Mclaren. P1 and P2 at Zandvoort. Incredible. I would love to study their car. Cause this year they're ready to fight hard. I've got a weird feeling. Like they're going faster and faster every week.They're now P2 in the constructors championship. Even Mercedes seems to be unable to handle them. If that party keeps going, it's gonna be a fight between Mclaren and Ferrari this year. Remind me the 90's. Hmm I mean. I wasn't born, i'm from 2001 but my dad showed me the best races of that time when I was kid. It was hell of a fightbetween the red devils and the silver arrows. At this time it was Mclaren-Mercedes VS Ferrari. Now Mclaren and Mercedes are two separates teams. Mclaren is no longer wearing that shinny grey color, they're orange and blue. Less classy if you want my point of view but not less dangerous. About Mercedes, they're decided to adopt a full white skin this year. Maybe they should have sticked to the grey too, that new color doesn't seem to help them shine. But i'm tacky...Their situation is nothing compared to Red Bull. The Austrian factory seems to have complitly failed their car this year. Descartes did a podium by pure luck but Valentini is drawing. It's also the case in their junior team Alpha Tauri, I think we're gonna ruin them when my crew at Williams will finally find his pace.

Honestly, I would kill to drive a Mclaren or a Ferrari. Those cars must be incredible from the inside. And I could finally know what it's like to beat everyone's ass. In quali AND race. I may be impatient but I can't wait to quit the bottom of the pack.

*

I'm taking my coffee at the machine. No suspense there, I know it's gonna be gross. But whatever I need to bring all the energy I can get.

In my back there is a teenager with a pass around his neck. He's clearly stalking me so I decide to go toward him.

- Can I help you ?

The boy looks scared.

- Hello. Hmm I don't want to distrurb you...

He breaks eye contact, visibly confused. I put my hand of his shoulder to make him look at me again.