《 chapter seven 》

____

"Y-Y/n, you haven't been keeping in touch with me" Hunter whispered the part without your name. You and Hunter are great friends since High school all the fun and heartbreaking moments.

"Oh, right I'm sorry fam I've been busy trying to adjust that I almost forgot to talk with my friends" you spoke apologetically staring at Aster in shame.

Hunter gasped, he didn't intend for her to hear him. He cursed himself, 5 weeks passed and this is how he acts towards her? He quickly said sorry to which the h/c laughed it off.

"So, when did you adopt?" His stared at her shocked and his cheeks became tinted with light pink.

Y/n noticed him and corrected herself "I meant a animal, when did you adopt an animal?" You shook your head to the sides. Of course, Hunter would misinterpret your words, he always does.

"O-oh, I'm here because of Keori!" He said. Your smirked. "Keori, you say, hmm?" You teased. After Hunter found out he liked Keori in the end you remember how nice he would treat her even if probably didn't return his feelings.

It saddened you, Hunter had his chance, when school ended it you three were walking home, until you picked up the sudden aura, so you left hoping he would confess. Turns out he couldn't because he cherished their friendship. It truly broke your heart that even to this day he didn't confess.

"Y/n, drop it you know she's dating Conner for over a year now" he lowered his head. You huffed and pushed his cart with yours. " if you knew any better back then maybe you would be with her now"

"I know..." Hunter softly said regretting not confessing. Seeing as how her best friend was zoned out she sighed and placed her hand on his shoulder squeezing it. Hunter caught off guard stared at her.

"Whatever, doesn't matter the past is in the past, right?" She smiled cutely at him. Hunter determined nodded with a brave smile that he forced. He needed to stay focused he was here to buy dog food.

"Yeah..."

"Wait a minute!" Y/n shouted now remembering something. Her friends didn't live her so what was Hunter doing here?

"Why are you here?" She arched her eyebrow at him, waiting for a reply. Hunter gave her a 'are you serious' kind of look to which Y/n facepalmed. "I meant why are you doing in this neighbourhood?" Hunter looked away scratching his neck.

"Well, I wanted to come and visit you so-" He said and Y/n giggled. Despite her sometimes boyish antics she was still childlike.

She stared at him with her sweet smile, the little reunion, however, was paused because Aster began to frantically meow. Both you stared at him. You being soft for animals quickly grabbed the toys he wanted and placed them in the cart.

"Sorry, Aster" he meowed, which you took as an okay. "Woah, you have a cat!?" You lifted Aster and hugged him close. "My friends got him for me, his name is Aster!" She exclaimed happily.

Hunter stared at the cat and comprehended your words. Friends? He'd known that you became more confident and making friends was easier for you but he felt sort of left out. You practically ignored your old friends for your new ones.

He didn't speak his mind, however. He gave Aster a soft expression and wished to pet him but Aster almost bit him. "Damn it" his eyes narrowed at the feline.

"How do you tolerate this thing?!" He shouted partly due to shock. You shrugged it off. "I didn't think he'd do that to you!" You glared at Aster he meowed cutely which melted your heart completely forgetting the little stunt he pulled.

Hunter suddenly felt like he was intruding in your life so he compelled himself to get over the shopping and leave. "A-ah, I have to leave now" he became shy.

Your eyes showed how sad you were. You didn't mean to ignore them, it's not as if you had a choice anyways. You had to work until you found a better job and fully got situated.

"Nooo, but I wanted you to meet Travis" Hunter whispered the name trying to recall until he widened his eyes. "The guy lives here??" You nodded. Gobsmacked the male hugged you quickly before leaving much to your dismay.

Seeing his retreating figure leave you glared at Aster "I need to teach you manners" you scolded.

________________________________

On your way home you concluded that you should give the boys a visit. You knocked on their door and behold a half naked Lawrence was standing in all his glory with a towel around his shoulders.

His red face hide behind a smirk. "Hey Y/n~" you laughed a little. "Sup Lawrence, meet my child!" You chirped, showing proudly Aster.

Garroth and Travis told him about the accident so he knew of Aster beforehand. "He's adorable, Y/n" you merely smiled and asked him if you could come in.

Him being the gentleman that he is let you. Since your friendly not-date with Garroth ended he had to make sure that nothing strange occured.

Did he sound odd? Yes. Did he care much? No. It pained his heart so in order to make the sensation disappear a conformation was needed. Lawrence mentioned towards the couch and you sat down with Aster still in your arms.

Lawrence, knew you wouldn't get flustered by his bare chest so he just sat beside you an arm over the couch.

"So, how did the date go?" He got straight to the point. You jerked your head and faced him. "Date?" You questioned. He than proceeded on explaining he meant the friendly outing with Garroth.

"Oh, we had tons of fun and if it weren't for going out I wouldn't have Aster and meet my best friend!" You said kinda tired.

The fact that you still had energy made no sense to you. Let's not talk about the fact that now you were worried about Hunter.

"That's good, did anything else happen?" You tried to recall the day and guessing that Lawrence probably meant romantic since you were alone with Garroth you told him no.

"It wasn't a date so nothing happened" his eyes widened. Does that mean that you wanted it to be one? He pushed his thoughts away and smiled at you until your phone rang.

"Hey, girl Hunter told me he met you today!" Your eyes sparkled it was Keori. Unfortunately, you had to cut it short with the visit since you were extremely exhausted and had to get some sleep unless you were trying to get fired.

So with that you left the boys house and talked to Keori before falling asleep peacefully.

Let's see what tomorrow holds.

_______

I'm on a roll today