final

trigger warning. its sad. but happy. read at your own comfort

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after that, it became a routine. a sick routine of waking up, eating, and sleeping. it was the only thing that could help with the memories that were eating away at taehyungs insides. he answered no phone calls, no texts, nobody. hours turned into days, days turned into weeks and somehow, an entire month passed with no news of him. it had become normal, like living in a dream state. he couldn't bear to deal with what had happened, so every day became an excuse for not leaving the house. eventually, there were no more excuses, and the only thing that existed was the haunting fear of leaving. after a month, news came. 

he finally opened his phone, staring at the thousands of messages that piled. he checked the news, his socials, his emails, anything. after a while of staring at his phone he finally got up, staring at himself in the mirror. his hair was long and unkempt. his face was unshaven, dark circles looked like they had been painted on his face. he stared at himself for another while. everything was taking longer and longer to process. he hadn't cried since the day the jeongguk had come, his emotions wiped clean. he almost felt nothing. a few minutes of staring finally brought himself to his senses. the sound of water hitting the tub echoed in his ears as he turned on the shower, undressing and stepping into it. as soon as the water hit his skin he was overwhelmed with all of the emotions that had seemed to disappear from his body for all of those days. he bent over, sobbing into his arms as he shook, the warm water a blessing to his skin. 

after everything was released, he finally took care of himself. he shaved his face, washed his hair, put on some clean clothes and opened his curtains. it was the first time in a month seeing the sunlight of Korea. he had forgotten what it was like. opening his window he stepped out onto the balcony, breathing in the fresh air as he leaned over the railing. his eyes filled with tears once more before he stood up, staring high up into the sky. it was a turning point in his life somehow. an image of jeongguk popped into his mind as he stared at the blue sky and he breathed out. he refused to let himself be walked all over now. too bad so sad, this was the end of his parade. he smiled, something he hadn't done in a while as he walked inside, grabbing his phone and he walked out of the apartment, down the stairs and straight into his car. 

turning the music up as loud as he could he drove down the street, all emotions rushing as he laughed and cried and just drove. he finally ended up at his company, staring at the shiny glass panels on the outside. of course he read the news. everyone thought he was dead, and his address had not been disclosed to anyone, except the people who knew it. he would have been surprised if jeongguk actually said anything about him. he was sick, and twisted and to be honest, taehyung could have cared less about him. 

getting out the car he looked around, before walking into the main lobby. shocked faces turned to look at him as he made his way up to the elevator and to his office, walking inside and greeting his secretary who just stood there in disbelief as he let himself inside, sitting down at his desk. it was time for a new page, a new chapter, a new book. he nodded, starting to pack all of his things into a box. he was gone just as soon as he came, a single note left on his desk. and then he left, walking straight out as he got into his car, and drove.

(the note) with this, i hereby give all power of this company to its board of directors. do with it what you want.

wow, hi guys. i didn't think i would ever add anything to this book but here i am i guess lol. so yes, this is the ending. i just didn't like where i was taking this story, and one night (last night like day 20 into quarantine) i decided that i want to give this story some kind of ending. i actually really like writing, so if you guys want another book that's a sequel to this or anything else please let me know! im also trying to make it more based of plot and character development than the actual ship. thanks for sticking around and for getting this story to 110 k! bye :))