Chapter 10

He started driving to look for jobs that were hiring.
"So, what happened that night?" He looked at me with a concerned look on his face.
"A lot, if I tell you, promise not to tell v and Fiona."
"Promise." He put his hand on my thigh
I took a deep breath in and let it out
"Okay, so when I was walking back to your house I saw this really familiar car drive up and down the road. I immediately knew who it was and I started feeling sick, so I sat down and next thing you know I'm in the car and he parks it and starts talking to me- I- I tried. I tried to stop him. I was screaming from the top of my lungs for him to stop." Tears started filling my eyes. "But he didn't he just kept going and going for what felt like for ever."
"Who was it" Carl pulled over and turned to me "I won't do anything to them, I promise. I just need to know so I can keep you safe." He took my hands and held them tight.
"It was the person who killed my mom and dad, he got out of jail yesterday."
I immediately fell into carls arms heavily sobbing.
"Shh it's okay, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again, I promise."
He ran his fingers through my hair and sat me up.

"You're strong Kylie, you'll get through it, I know it."
I nodded and wiped my tears.
"I'll tell Fiona that we'll go job hunting tomorrow, imma drop you off at your house and you get ready, I'll pick you up around 6"

"Okay" I looked up at him and smiled.
Damn this guy has such a soft spot for me.
"Then it's a date" he said smiling.

He pulled up to my house and dropped me off. I walked in and kev and v were waiting for me.

"What the hell kylie" v said standing up
"You just woke up from god knows whatever happened and you didn't think twice to tell us?!"

"I'm sorry I just-I had to go somewhere"

"Where are you going now?"
"I'm going out with Carl."
"Nope, where you are going is your room cause you need rest."

"V please"
"No means no Kylie"

I walked up stairs and slammed my door. She knew I was gonna go out anyway, I mean c'mon me and Carl were head over heels for each other.

I got ready anyway, I pulled out a 2 piece pink velvet dress that hugged my curves. I put on some nude heels and waited for Carl to call me. I heard a soft knock at the door.
"Uh-uh one second" I stammered around my room putting in a t-shirt and sweats so I don't give myself away.
"Come in"
The door opened and it was Kevin
A look of confusion covered my face, he never came to talk to me, he respected my privacy and I liked that.
"I won't tell v If you go out with Carl, I understand your frustration, b is just worried you're gonna get hurt again."

"I understand, but thank you, tonight is gonna be special I can feel it."
I ran and have kev a big hug.
"Thank you again."
He hugged me back
"You're welcome sweetheart"
He walked back to his room. I closed my door and locked it since I had no idea what time I was getting back. I felt my phone buzz, it was Carl

"I'm outside mamas, you ready?"
"Yeah come to my window, v grounded me so I'm not supposed to go out but I am anyway"
"Okay on my way."

I ended the call and took the t-shirt and sweats off along with my heels, I held the heels in my hand as I jumped out of my window trying not to get dirty. There Carl was at the bottom.

"Damn Gallagher you clean up nice!" I said jumping down.
"You know I just saw up your dress." He said licking his lips.
"Shut up Gallagher nothing you haven't seen before"

We got into the car and left the south side.
"Where we going that's not in the south side?" I turned and looked at him.
"You'll see ma, you look to pretty to be in the south side right now." He looked me up and down biting his lip. Damn this boy is hot.

We arrived at this really fancy restaurant.
"Damn boy you got money for this?" I laughed in shock of how nice this place was.
"Yeah baby I've been saving up for a bit."

He got out of the car and ran over to my side and opened the door. He took my hand and I got up. We walked into the restaurant and the waiter sat us down at a table.

"This place is so fancy." I said looking around at all the crystals chandeliers and the black and white theme of the restaurant.
"I knew you would like it." He said flashing a smirk my way.

The waiter came by and asked us for our drink orders.
"Uh can we just split a bottle of wine please." Carl said to the waiter
"Yes, I'll be back to take your orders"

"So, tell me something I don't know about you Gallagher."
"Oh, you caught me there, so, you know how some people get circumcised and some don't."
"Uh yeah." I laughed "please don't tell me you-" I laughed waiting for him to finish his story.
"Hey look I was the only male Gallagher that wasn't circumcised, okay!" By this point we were both were busting out laughing.
"When did this happen Carl?" I said trying to catch my breath from laughing.
"Maybe a couple months ago, it sucked cause I couldn't get a boner because then I'd bust the stitches."
"Oh I bet that was really tough to do especially with you." I looked up at him
"It actually was, it was the worst."

The waiter came to the table with our bottle of wine and two glasses
"What could I get y'all to eat?"
"Uhh I'll have the classic burger with no onions please." Carl looked up at me seeing I was struggling with what I wanted, the prices were so high.
"Don't forget I'm paying, get whatever you want."
"Uh I'll just get the chicken wrap with flat bread instead of a flour tortilla."
"Okay that'll be out shortly."

After we ate the waiter came and handed us the check.

"Okay when I say go, book it back to the car."
"I thought you said you had money for this place?"
"Stealing, paying, same thing."

I took my heels off and held them waiting for his cue.

"3...2.....1 GO!!"

Carl took my hand and we ran out the restaurant with waiters chafing after us. My heart was racing, I've never done this before.

We got back to the car and raced back home.
"Oh..my....gosh.... CARL!!" I said panting trying to render what just happened.
"And that's how it's done." He looked over and smiled at me. "Fun right?"
"Yes, but what if they find us?"
"They won't, I didn't use my real name for the order." He said laughing at the fact I thought he was stupid.

We kept driving for what seems like forever. I was sure I wasn't going home until late.