Chapter 22

I woke up to the smell of bacon,eggs, sausage, and pancakes, since when did we get the bougie breakfast?

I threw on one of carls hoodies and went downstairs.

"Good morning sweetie" v said placing a plate full of food in the table where I sat.

"Morning" I said rubbing my eyes as I sat at the table "when'd we get all this Hugh end breakfast" I joked
"My rich aunt died and lo and behold I was the favorite in the family so she gave all the money to me" v said dancing around the kitchen
I laughed but quickly turned serious
"Wait" I said shoving a spoonful of food in my mouth "and why are we happy about a death in the family?"
I raised my eyebrows followed by me shoving another spoonful of food into my mouth.

I went back upstairs and threw in a pair of Jean shorts and a red and blue shirt since today was the Fourth of July.
I walked out and went next door to the Gallaghers.
"Hey Kylie, lookin cute!" Fiona said turning around and giving me a smile.
"Thanks fiona! You too, look at you gurl!" She was wearing a tight sequenced black dress and her hair was straight and down.
"Awe, you're too sweet" she said giving me a hug "carls upstairs getting ready" she said pointing up the steps
"Thank you" I said walking up the stairs to carls room.
As soon as I arrived at the door he opened it and looked me up and down with a smirk on his face
"Damn babe, you're fuckin hot"
"And you're just now realizing?" I said jokingly
He rolled his eyes and laughed before giving me a small peck on the lips
"I'm goin our to buy fireworks, you comin?" He asked about to walk down the stairs
"Of course" I scoffed and grabbed his hand
"Hey fi, we'll be right back"
"Okay, don't fuck up my car"
He rolled his eyes and shut the door before getting into the drivers seat of the car.

We arrived at this place on the side of the road covered by a tent.
"This doesn't look sketch at all" I said sarcastically "but what is the south side without a little bit of sketch" I said grabbing carls hand in mine.
He laughed and kept walking forward.

He table to table picking up the biggest and smallest fireworks.
"So... about that surprise tonight?" I said tugging at his shirt and looking up at him
"No, you're gonna know whenever I show you, and it's not right now" he laughed
"Ugh fine, you're no fun" I whined

Carl placed the last firework into our basket.
"How the hell you gonna pay for those?" I said pointing to the basket
"I can't, and I'm not" he laughed "hold my hand, and on the count of three, run the fuck back to the car" he grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers.
He looked around
"Three......"
My palms started getting clammy
"Two........."
My heart was beating out of my chest
"ONE.....GO"
He yanked my arm and I ran with him, smiling as we ran. I felt like I was in a giant field running through tall grass to nothing. I was genuinely happy for once since my parents passed.

We reached the car and sped off, he looked over at me and noticed my sweaty hand.
"I thought you've shoplifted before" he laughed
"I-I-I have just never out in the open with cars driving by!" I stuttered
He laughed and drive back to the house.
"Hey, could we just stay at your house for Fourth of July instead of trying to be romantic and going somewhere else?" I asked looking up at his perfect face.
"Of course" he smiled and place his hand on my thigh and continued the rest of the way home.

We started unloading the fireworks and bringing them inside, of course the rest of the Gallaghers went to different places to steal all the fireworks, they were masterminds.
"Damn looks like y'all got the most" fiona said handing a 20 to Carl
"Told ya I'd win" he said waving the 20 in everyone's face.
"We make a great power couple don't we babe?" I said nudging his shoulder
He smiled down at me and gave me a soft kiss on the head
"Enough with the lovey dovey shit and let's get this party started Gallagher style!" Fiona yelled
Everyone whooped and yelled as they went inside, Debbie grabbed an ice chest and threw at least 5 cases of beer in there.
Lip and Ian pulled out the grill and moved it to the front yard.

As the sun was going down Ian and lip flipped burgers on the grill as everyone was sitting in lawn chairs sipping on beer from the ice chest.
"Who's ready to get this Gallagher party started!!" Fiona yelled as she got up
Everyone cheered and grabbed fireworks.

Me and Carl sat back in the lawn chair sipping on some beer while watching the fireworks.
"You make me happy" he said turning to me and giving me a smile "like genuinely probably would still be slangin drugs and going in and out of Juvie if it wasn't for you." He said as he took a long sip of his beer.
"Well Carl Gallagher, what can I say, I got my ways." I joked "but on a serious note, I'd probably never be this happy if I wasn't with you, hell I'd probably never even come out of my house." I said looking at him up and down.
"Man did I pick the perfect girl" he whispered as he smiled widely at me
My cheeks flushed red and we watched some more fireworks before getting up and going inside.

"You know I have never ever been with a dude from the south side." I said as we walked inside
"Shit really?" He laughed
"Yup, all the north side boys always hot on me, so that's all I went for" I said pulling him in by the shirt.
"Well glad to say I'm your first south side boy" he laughed as he grabbed my hips.
"C'mon lets go upstairs" he said picking me up and carrying me.