𝐡𝐣𝐬. [𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗇]

in which there's a rainbow always after the rain.

•••

The rain hadn't stopped since you had left your apartment.

It was only drizzling when you first looked out the window, so you thought you could rely on your hoodie to protect you through the day.

How foolish you were.

It was now just past ten at night when you were closing the small yet cozy cafe you worked at, but the rain fell heavily out the window.

Although, in the corner sat a small figure, sipping on an iced americano. It was late, and you had to close soon, but you couldn't bring yourself to ask the boy to leave.

So, you waited. But the the rain wouldn't stop. It only fell harder each passing minute.

The boy had just finished his americano, but he sat still on his seat, a torn expression on his face.

It was just nearing half past ten, but neither of you had moved an inch. Until, you decided that if you were going to stay in this cafe for the next hour, you definitely weren't going to do it alone.

You sat opposite of the tired boy with two cups of coffee in hand, setting one in front of both of you.

"Long night, huh?"

The boy looked up at you with a subtle look of shock on his face, before slightly smiling at the small gesture.

"Yeah. I was supposed to meet a blind date here, but it seems that I've been the only one waiting."

The boy sighed and took a sip of his coffee.

"How could someone miss out on a chance to meet someone as pretty as you?"

As you got a closer look at the boys features, you couldn't help but notice how his eyes smiled as well. His hair was fluffy and damp from the rain, and his lips were soft and tinted with a rosy pink.

How could this boy be prettier then you?

"Hence the blind part of the date. If they saw my face they'd come running to me."

You scoffed before taking another sip.

"Maybe it was better that they left you here."

The boy glared at you, but he still managed to look cute while doing so.

"How rude. That's not how you comfort a broken hearted man on a late and rainy evening."

He clutched his heart and scrunched his face in pain.

"So, what's on your mind this evening?"

You continued talking to the squirrel like boy comfortably, oblivious of the time that flew past. You had learned that he was producing music in a group named 3racha, and you told him about how you loved writing song lyrics as well.

It was almost too good to be true.

Before you knew it, the rain had come to a stop and your porcelain cups were left empty, leaving a sweet and bitter taste in your mouths.

"It seems like the rain has stopped"

You pointed toward the window, faintly illuminated by the streetlights nearby.

"So it seems."

You looked a bit disappointed, but tried your best to hide it.

Although, he had caught on to the sad little look on your face. He slightly held your chin with his finger, tilting your head so you would look at him.

"Maybe... we should stay a while?"

You smiled brightly at him, getting up to make another two cups of coffee. You learned of your mutual love for cheesecake, so you were sure to surprise him and warm up the red velvet cheesecake you had baked yourself that morning.

"Did I ever catch your name?"

You blushed, remembering that you had told everything about yourself to the boy, all except your name.

"C-call me y/n."

He smiled once again.

"Jisung. Han Jisung."

You blushed even darker this time, scurrying behind the counter.

"Maybe it was better that they left you here."