𝐲𝐣𝐠. [𝖺𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗇]

in which you're an alien sent to earth to examine human behavior, and end up being found by an energetic yang jeongin, who teaches you about the wonders and heartache of the human world.

•••

It was colder than you thought it would be.

The tiny stars twinkled above you, and the moon was nowhere to be seen in the sky. You waddled aimlessly through the night, with only a tablet and potted plant in hand.

You had just been sent on your first mission to earth, but to say the least, you weren't quite excited. Among your people, being sent on a mission like this was quite the honour, and it showed that you had integrity and were capable of many things. But it also meant that you had no more time for yourself. You'd be working 24/7. Reporting to your superiors, writing reports, that was what you'd be doing for the rest of your life.

You sighed heavily, before settling down on a nearby bench and rested your potted plant on your lap. The sky seemed further away then ever before, and you struggled to find comfort in the dark void above you.  You tried to fall asleep, but it seemed to you that your night would be a restless one.

There were small footsteps that you heard behind you.

Someone out? This late?

Luckily, you were trained for every situation you may face on planet earth. You reached for you gun in your pocket and waited to see if this person was a threat.

The footsteps approached closer, and eventually were right beside you.

A small, petite figure seated themselves beside you and extended their hand as a greeting.

"Yang Jeongin."

His smile was beautiful.

You couldn't help but stare. Is this really earth? I must be in heaven. There's an angel sitting right beside me.

"Oh. Are you talking to me?" You cringed internally.

"Uh, yeah. You're the only person I've seen outside at this time." He leaned back on the bench and looked at the night sky.

"Why are you out so late? On average, humans usually sleep at ten pm to eleven pm. Staying out this late isn't healthy for a young man like yourself."

He looked back at you and laughed.

"You talk like an alien!"

You giggled at his comment. If only he knew.

It's relaxing to go on late night walks, isn't it?" The boy asked, reaching his hand towards the stars.

You looked around you. It was quiet... and peaceful. You hadn't felt this relaxed in years.

"Yeah. I guess you're right."

You both stayed in comfortable silence. Something about the atmosphere told you to enjoy the moment.

"Why are you still out then? Staying out this late is dangerous for a young lady like yourself."

You chuckled slowly. "I'm not sure. I don't know where I am and I don't know where I should go."

He looked at you with concern. "Did you run away from home?"

You thought about your response for a minute. "I guess you could say something like that. I'm far, far away from home. That's for sure."

"Are you... lost?" He said.

You smiled. "Yeah. I'm lost."

This much was true. Your thoughts were full of doubts and worry, and you weren't sure if you were ready to commit to a job that you didn't even want. But if you couldn't even do that much, you'd be a failure to your friends and family back home.