𝐛𝐜. [𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗅𝖾 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍]

[pt.I;;] in which you're a phantom thief who steals jewels at the strike of midnight. but a certain detective is on your trail, and is determined to be the first to lift the mask that hides your identity. it also doesn't help that fact that he's seated right next to you in class, and is your partner for the presentation you would have to research and present in two weeks.

[🌙🥀🔮]

The sun shone through the curtains and right into your eyes. It kind of surprised you that your eyesight wasn't getting any worse.

You were reluctant to leave the comfort of you bed, and the blankets were much too heavy to lift off of you, so you decided that the only thing you could do was stay and sleep until noon. It's a tough sacrifice, but there wasn't much else you could do.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Ah, the horrid screeching of the alarm clock. Another factor you'd forgotten about.

You peeked at the clock in front of you.

7:00AM

You had about half an hour to get ready and get on that damn bus which always seemed to smell like bad teenage decisions.

The uniform was always uncomfortable and felt itchy in your skin, but at least you had the comfort in knowing that every other student had to suffer the same.

You stretched for a bit, feeling clicks in your back and shoulders. It was probably from the late night crime you'd committed just before.

This has act had been going for a while now. Your father passed away only a year ago, but only now did you find the key to the room he kept locked away from you, waiting to show you the other side of the door when the time was right.

A note was written inside the old room covered in dust and cobwebs, written specifically for you and no one else. He knew that by the time you'd be reading that letter, he'd be long gone. Which was probably the reason why that the time was now that your father would reveal the secrets hidden from you in your youth.

He explained to you that some hidden organisation was looking for a jewel that would grant them immortality, and that you'd have to find that jewel before them and destroy it before it gets into the wrong hands.

Your fathers side of the family had been protecting and trying to find the jewel for generations, and now it was your turn to continue the legacy.

Did you really want to? No, not really. But if it was for your father, then you'd do almost anything.

Luckily, you had the help of your fathers assistant, someone who you relied on with all your life.

Slipping on your school jacket, you took one last glance of the clock.

7:28AM.

"Crap!" You muttered to yourself. The bus was going to arrive in two minutes. It was a five minute walk to the closest bus stop.

You lazily tied your hair and dashed out of your home and fumbled with the key, before sprinting as fast as you could towards the bus stop.

[🚌 🏃🏻‍♀️💨]

"STOP! WAAAIIT!" You panted heavily and rested your hand on your knees. Chasing the bus never ended well for you, and left you feeling more in despair, knowing that you missed something just barely out of your reach.