Yearning

"That was so cool Asahi-san!!" Yelled Hinata as loud as possible. Asahi and the other third years looked like Christmas had come early. Ukai looked at me with some sort of look that was a cross of why did you do that and thank you for doing that. 

"Ah. It was really nothing." Said Asahi blushing and turning away. Nishinoya came up and slapped him on the back making him jump. They gave each other highfives.

"You call that nothing? It takes gut to call a ball, especially after doubting yourself for so long. Nice kill." I said with my usual expression. Asahi hasn't been around me long enough to really know that I'm monotone about a lot of things. He just looked like a confused puppy.

"Uh, thank you?" Said Asahi turning to look at Suga for help. Suga was just laughing quietly with his hand over his mouth. He looked even more confused.

"It's high praise coming from someone who only shows emotion around his boyfriend." Mocked Tsukishima. He wasn't making fun of me for likeing boys. He was makeing fun of me for acting like a lovesick idiot around Samu.

"Your just jealous that you're not dating your crush. And Asahi-san? I'm going to block next time." I said and there was a myriad of expressions through out everyone. Most people were looking at Tsukishima wondering who it was. I looked over at Yamaguchi. He was looking at his feet obviously sad. He probably has a crush on Tsukishima and thought that Tsukishima was straight. 

I did block Asahi a couple more times. Not enought to demolish his confidence that he just got back. Just enough for people to know that I'm good at blocking. We eventually came out of the first set winning I got my water bottle and looked at my phone. There was a text from Samu.

Osamu💕:
Inarizaki is having a practice
match against Shiratorizawa 
next Saturday

Me:
Really?!! That's only like 2 
hours away! I'll definetely go
and see you. I'll just have to 
check with my mom and 
captain real quick

Osamu💕:Can't wait to see you there

"Hey Daichi." I said walking over to him and Suga. He looked up from his seat at me. "Can I get next Saturday off? Osamu is only going to be 2 hours away." 

"Of course!" Interrupted Suga. Suga was always a hopeless romantic. Daichi was probably already going to say yes, but Suga wanted to make sure. "We can't get in the way of young love. Now can we? But I expect a ton of cute coupley pictures of you two sent to me. I need proof that you're in a good relationship. I will not let one of my kouhais be in a toxic relationship."

"Thank you for your concern, but Samu would never hurt me or say something bad about me. We were best friends before we started dating. But I'll tell if someone messes with me." I said and we continued talking about Osamu and Suga's boyfriend who he would not tell me who it was. But it was pretty obvious with how Daichi blushed when Suga talked about his boyfriend's thighs.

We eventually went back to playing and Daichi switched up the lineup a bit. Tsukishima and i were now in the front row with Tanaka. And boy was it fun to completely block everything with Tsukishima by me. The adults on the other side were obviously annoyed with our remarks and that they could barely get a block through. Tsukishima's arms were then blasted away by Asahi.

"See. What did I tell you. You have the height, you just need the muscle. Also, your arms need to be forward, not straight up. We both know I don't do straight, so it's easier for me, but at least try." I said. That last part made Suga laugh. "AND, I know that your crush won't mind at all if you bulk up a bit. Heck, you could probably make them blush even more. Not like it was that hard to begin with, but you know what I mean."

"Oh, my, goodness. For the last time! My crush on Ya- the person I like should not influence whether I bulk up or not. Is that you bulked up? Afraid your boyfriend was going to look better?" Asked Tsukishima messing up a bit. Everyone was intrigued. They weren't sure who he was talking about though. He does has a girl named Yachi in his class.

"I'll have you know that I'm not scared about that. I fully acknoledge that my boyfriend is one of the hottest men to ever walk the earth. And I'll have you know, that it's completely insulting to Samu that you think that I could ever look better than him. I do admit that I am hot, but Samu is hotter. Even a blind man could see that." I scoffed and that caused Suga to burst out laughing. "And who is this Ya- person? There's only a couple people in our year it could be. But There's a ton of people out it could be. I do understand that you can date outside of your school afterall."

"Just shut up! Let's get back to the game." Yelled Tsukishima at me. We got back to the game. I can't wait until other teams see us too together. We'll just confuse them so much with our banter. One minute we'll be insulting the other team and the next I'll be teasing Tsukishima about his crush on Yamaguchi.

The rest of the game was fairly uninteresting. To my standards anyways. Kageyama did say something or other that was super cocky. He basically told the other team that he was going to be setting to Hinata next. If I was on the other side of the net Hinata would have been shut down, but they didn't have super tall or super powerfull people on the other. 

We ended practice with a huddle and headed home.