~~~Soulmate~~~

This does not effect the storyline at all. I just wanted to write a cute soulmate scene. Also Osamu and Hisato did not meet at the volleyball camp that I've referenced so many times.

The Red String:

Red strings are kind of weird. Like you and your soulmate are the only one to see your string. But how does that work? Like I've always remembered having my red string, but what about the people who are older than their soulmate? Did they always have it, or did it just appear one day?

I've tried following my string before, but he did not live in town. It took me to the south road of my town. Hinata was kind of lucky, he found his soulmate looking for a tutor. Apparently Yachi was Hinata's soulmate. It kind of made sense. She didn't have many friends and Hinata taught her how to be more confident. She still can't handle being around most men, but she's getting better.

A lot of my friends actually found their soulmate by now. Tsukishima has Yamaguchi, Daichi has Suga, Tanaka has Kiyoko, and Nishinoya has Asahi. Now that I'm thinking about it, a lot of them are same sex relationships. Nothing wrong with it, I'm gay myself. There's just some people online who don't think gay people have soulmates.

"Hey. Get that frown off your face. We're going to Nationals, maybe he'll be there." Scoffed Kageyama to me. He was really my only friend who hasn't found their soulmate yet. 

"You'll definetely find yours there too." I said.

And he did. In the first round we went against Tsubakihara Academy and Kageyama was off his game. I had no idea why until I saw that he kept glancing at the other team's bench. He left pinky also move sometimes. In between sets I walked over to him. He was staring at the other team.

"Soooo, which one is it?" I asked and he promptly looked to me almost embarrased that he got caught.

"Number 14." He muttered and all of a sudden he was very interested in his waterbottle. I smirked at him.

"Nice. He was the one who served it into that one dude's head, right?" I asked.

"Shut up."

We eventually won and you should have seen Kageyama's face light up when he talked to number 14. We had a break before our next match so I went to look at some merch. I felt a strange pulling on my left pinky. I looked down and noticed the string was getting tighter. That meant that my soulmate was here.

I started following it, but Suga caught me and told me that it was time for our game against Inarizaki high. I bit my lip. A nervous habit. The string was still tight which meant that he was in the gym. The only problem was that there was too many people to see who  it was. We were warming up now.

Inarizaki had the net first. I was passing with Kageyama. He could tell that I was distracted. But he was also distracted. His soulmate was watching this game. There was a loud noise and then a ball came sailing towards my face. I caught it before it hit me, but it came close. I looked to see who hit it and gasped. He has a red string too. I waved with my left had and he froze. Everbody was looking at us. His twin promptly bursted out laughing and nudged him forward.

"Sorry about that." He muttered and I gave a chuckle surprising my entire. They never hear me laugh.

"Don't worry about it. Better to find out now than in the middle of a game. Isn't that right Kageyama?" I asked turning to him.

"Your- You two are- Congradulations!" Kageyama finally got out. We exchanged numbers and went back to warming up.