Chapter 7- Leaving

Rose walked into the lab the next day. There was a black burn mark on the floor, something clearly exploded. Tony wasn't there, only Bruce. Rose set her stuff down as usual. She bent down, observing the burn mark on the floor. She reached out and touched it, feeling the Tesseract's energy that remained.
"Was Stark messing with my cells?" Rose asked Bruce.
Bruce looked up, he didn't even notice her walk in.
"I'm not quite sure, that was there when I came in," Bruce told her going back to his work.
Rose looked her her fingers, there was ash on them.
"Should've warned him," Rose muttered standing up.
Rose walked back over to her stuff, unzipping one of the pockets on her backpack. She pulled out a small towel, then took her knife from its sheath. She began to clean off her knife, waiting for instructions. Eventually Tony Stark walked in.
"Hey I don't think there is much more we can learn about your power," Tony said walking in.
Rose nodded, packed up her stuff, and began to walk towards the door.
"I never said we were done," Tony said.
Rose turned around to see him staring at the burn on the floor. Rose walked up to it.
"There's still energy remaining," Rose said looking at it.
"How do you know?" Tony asked.
"I can feel it," Rose told him.
Tony didn't seem to question it much more, and pulled out some scanner. He held it over the black mark on the floor.
"Turns out you're right, but it isn't enough to do anything," Tony said putting the scanner down.
"So what did you do to my cells?" Rose asked.
"They reacted negatively to a test," Tony explained.
"I forgot to mention that. If I'm not in control of my cells, they are highly volatile," Rose said putting her hands into her pockets.
Tony sighed, and went back to work.

———————————

Finally Tony and Bruce had all the information they could gather. Rose was relieved to be able to leave.
"So kid, you sticking around?" Tony asked.
Rose looked up at him.
"Give me a good reason to," Rose instructed.
"Fury wants to expand the Avengers, and you'd make a good addition," Tony told her.
"I'm a kid," Rose pointed out.
"You don't act like it. Have you even been to a party with people your age?" Tony asked her.
"No, don't have the time," Rose said zipping up her backpack.
"Exactly, you aren't the average teenager. You would have to train first, so you wouldn't join right away," Tony told her.
Rose stood up, putting the straps of her backpack around her arms.
"I'm no hero," Rose said grabbing her knife.
"Well it's not my choice," Tony said with a shrug.
Rose finished packing up, and stopped herself before she reached the elevator door.
"What training would I be doing exactly?" She asked.
"I was told it would prioritize your powers," Tony told her.
Rose seemed to stop and think. She turned back around and stepped into the elevator. She gave a quick two finger wave as the door closed.
"She's staying," Tony said.
"How can you be so sure?" Bruce asked.
"I just have this gut feeling," Tony said with a sarcastic tone.
Rose walked out of the building and began to walk down the street.
"I probably should train my power even more. It would help with control, and it isn't like I am planning on doing anything important. I could also keep tabs on S.H.I.E.L.D," Rose thought as she walked down the sidewalk.

———————————

Rose walked up to a familiar gate. She looked at the security camera, and the gate opened. She walked a few feet in, and was stopped by someone in a suit.
"Director Fury informed me of your possible arrival, follow me," the man instructed.
Rose followed him, and he led her to a dock. They got on the boat that was there, and sailed away. Rose was enjoying the fresh air, and she eventually saw an aircraft carrier appear over the horizon. When they arrived at it, they stepped off. She was led down an elevator, and her and the man stood in silence.
"So...where are you taking me?" Rose asked.
"We are almost there," the man said.
Rose nodded and put her hands in her pockets. The elevator doors opened, and Rose continued to follow the S.H.I.E.L.D agent. Her eyes took in everything she saw. There were computers and plenty of people. The man opened a door, to reveal a small room with a bed. He threw her a small pile of clothes.
"You will be taken somewhere else in 60 minutes, have those on by then," the man said closing the door.
"Ok so maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this. No one is telling me where I am going, and I am in the middle of the ocean. Why the hell did I think they would be any better?"

Rose stood there in confusion. She looked around the room, and saw something hidden in the top corner of the room. She looked up, but couldn't see it fully. She pulled the bed over, and stood on top of it. She saw it was a small camera.
"You all need to hide these better," Rose said to the camera as she put a piece of tape over the lens.
"Sorry but I need to get changed," Rose said.
She hopped down and pushed the bed to its original place. She changed into the clothes given to her, realizing it was a S.H.I.E.L.D uniform. Meanwhile the person keeping an eye on her was staring at their monitor with confusion. Nobody had been able to find the camera before, and she did it in seconds. They also weren't planning on keeping it on as she changed, but now they couldn't do anything about it. When Rose was finished changing, she pulled the bed back up to the corner. She reached up and pulled off the tape.

An hour later, the door opened again. It was now a woman in uniform.
"Follow me," she instructed.
Rose felt this entire situation was weird, she was being dragged different places. She followed the woman back to the surface, and she got into what was called a Quinjet. She put her backpack at her feet, and strapped herself into a seat. She noticed there were other people in the jet. They all had the same uniform on. A woman sat next to her, and looked at her with a worried look.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"Why do you need to know?" Rose asked.
"This plane is taking us to a S.H.I.E.L.D training camp, and that is no place for a child," the woman explained.
"So that's where they're taking me," Rose muttered.
"Are you supposed to be here?" The woman asked.
"They just lead me here," Rose said with a shrug.
"Who did?"
"I don't know their names. At first it was a man, then a woman. The man said Fury told him I might be coming," Rose said.
"Director Fury ordered this?!" The woman asked in shock.
"That's what I was told, but I don't have a guarantee on it," Rose said to her.
"What was he thinking sending a child to this?" The woman muttered to herself.

Rose pretended not to hear, and looked around. Other people had small suitcases, and she had a beat up, black backpack. The woman next to her opened her suitcase. She pulled out a hair tie, and put her hair up into a bun. Rose realized everyone else with long hair had done the same. She never put her hair in a bun, but grabbed her only hair tie from her bag anyways. She only could do ponytails, and that was when she fought. She put it up in a ponytail, and stopped there, not knowing how to do anything else with her hair.
"Do you need help?" The woman next to her asked.
Rose turned her head to look at the woman.
"Do I need to have my hair like that?" Rose asked.
"You're supposed to," the woman said.
"Yes please," Rose muttered.
"Alright, look away," the woman said.
Rose could feel the woman take out her hair tie, and bundle up her hair. She twisted it, and wrapped it around itself. Soon she was done, and Rose turned back to her.
"Thank you," Rose said.
"No problem, but you should learn how to do it on your own," the woman said with a smile.
Rose nodded and rested her head against the back of her seat. She had no idea where she was going, but she felt really out of place. The hatch to the Quinjet closed, and it took off.