𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

       ╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝          ≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

A boy wearing glasses laid restlessly on the bed. Even though the bed was gigantic and the pillows were soft and comfy, Kyoya Ootori looked uncomfortable. He lifted his head, staring at the ceiling with a tense look. He kept glancing at his phone, fingers fidgeting whenever he looked at it. It's as if... he was waiting for something.

Suddenly, his phone rang. His eyes widened, quickly grabbing his phone. He stared at it for a moment and breathed in. Kyoya finally answered the call.

"It's me."

This is what he was waiting for. The deep yet charismatic voice of the man he loves. It was his fiancé, Rei Junichiro.

"Did I wake you? If so, I'm sorry."

"No, you didn't. It's alright." Kyoya answered. He stood up from his bed, wrapping his blanket around his shoulders. He went to the terrace, placing his phone on his right ear.

Rei snickered, "Then that means you were waiting for my call, right~?" he teased.

"You're mistaken," Kyoya quickly said. Maybe too quickly. "I was taking care of the host club's documents." he added, obviously lying.

"Stingy~"

Call Kyoya crazy, but he could see the pout Rei was doing even though they were apart.

"But... I also love this part of you, Kyoya."

"Please stop messing around," he stated bluntly.

"I'm not, though." Rei chuckled. "Oh, speaking of the host club, I heard a girl named Haruhi joined."

"Yes, we made her a host so she can pay off her debt." Kyoya replied. All of a sudden, he heard Rei let out a laugh.

"Don't be too hard on her, okay?"

Kyoya let out a sigh, "I won't," He rose a brow, "How did you know that there's a new member?"

"I heard from Tamaki."

"I see..." he lifted his head, admiring the night scenery above him. "When are you coming back?" he questioned.

"Do you miss me~?" Rei hummed. Kyoya didn't answer him. Instead, he stayed silent and waited for him to answer seriously.

"...Probably soon. I still have a few things to take care of here in the US."

Kyoya lowered his head, tightening his grip on the blanket around his shoulder. "Rei," he said in a hushed tone. "Come home soon..." a small blush crept on his cheeks.

...

No answer. He hung up.

Kyoya twitched his eye. It took him a lot of courage to say that short sentence, yet Rei didn't say anything? He bit his lip as he tried to restrain his anger.

Suddenly, his phone started to ring again. He stared at it confusingly as he answered the phone. Kyoya rose a brow, "Hello?"

"O-Ootori-san, what should I do?!" a panicked feminine voice came out from his phone.

Kyoya raised a brow. Rei's secretary? "Is there something wrong?" he questioned.

"M-My head is going crazy right now...! Mr. Junichiro suddenly left, he said he was going to the airport. H-He was saying that he needs to come back to Japan as soon as possible. H-He still has work to do!"

The secretary couldn't even stay calm at this point. She kept rambling about how Rei still hasn't finished his job. Kyoya tried to calm the woman's nerves but failed. The stress overtook the woman completely.

He twitched his eyebrow in annoyance, removing his phone from his ear. He could still hear the panicky voice of Rei's secretary.

He lets out a tired sigh. Kyoya gently massaged the temples of his forehead, trying to make his headache go away.

I should never say that whenever he's abroad.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪
haha, prologue done.