And Now She's An Egg ? ?

chapter 2 

+

It was dark by the time we reached the Tardis, and Rose went in first, allowing me to follow at my own pace. The door closed behind me, but i was too busy staring at the massive control room – or at least that's what i thought it was. Maybe Console room, i corrected my thoughts.

The Tardis hummed happily as i brushed my fingers over the wall, the railing and the strange shaped support beams. Obviously I knew it was alive, it HAD spoken to me earlier, though i didn't know how i could understand it. Then again, sometimes i could swear I understood the stray cat that came into my little flat. Probably the drugs I was on.

"So?" Rose asked, breaking my train of thought. I glanced round, seeing the blonde and the Doctor were both watching me.

"Go on, say it," the Doctor encouraged, "They all say it."

"It's smaller on the outside."

The Doctor's face dropped into one of surprise, then confusion, then annoyance. Rose just laughed and moved off to see the others, who were keeping an eye on the mayor.

"You're supposed to say it's bigger on the inside."

"But the inside's built first, therefore the amazing part of it is the outside which is small yet fits around all of this. The outside is the stranger part," i reasoned, looking around and the Tardis hummed in laughter.

"That's pretty logical," the Doctor realised, leaning back on the console while I sat in the jumper seat.

"I'm an architect," I told him, staring up at the centre piece. It was dull, like the rest of the ship. But Rose had explained they were charging it up, so I couldn't wait to see it full of life again.

"This ship is impossible," Came Margaret's voice, "It's superb. How do you get the outside around the inside?"

"See!" I threw my hand toward the mayor, "Even she knows it."

"Like I'd give you the secret, yeah," the Doctor rolled his eyes, "And you, be quiet." I pouted, but did as i was told.

"I almost feel better about being defeated. I never stood a chance. This is the technology of the gods."

"Don't worship me - I'd make a very bad god. You wouldn't get a day off, for starters," the Doctor announced and i couldn't tell if he was joking or serious. "Jack, how we doing, big fella?"

"This extrapolator's top of the range. Where did you get it?" Jack asked, surprised as he worked with some wires.

"Oh, I don't know. Some airlock sale?" Margaret said, avoiding the subject as best she could, Jack wasn't fooled. Neither was i, and i doubt the doctor was either.

"Must've been a great big heist. It's stacked with power."

"But we can use it for fuel?" The Doctor asked, sounding almost hopeful.

"It's not compatible, but it should knock off about twelve hours. We'll be ready to go by morning," Jack told him.

"Then we're stuck here overnight."

"I'm in no hurry," Margaret said calmly, picking up something to get a better look.

"We've got a prisoner. The police box is really a police box," Rose said, sounding as excited as she was to get the planet's name right.

"You're not just police, though. Since you're taking me to my death, that makes you my executioners. Each and every one of you."

"Well, you deserve it," Mickey replied.