I Would Never Survive As A Teacher

=

The bell rang for lunch time and as soon as the little brats were out of the room, i fell into my chair behind the desk and groaned. Now normally i didn't have a problem with kids, but these ones at Deffry Vale, they were way too smart and way too snobby. Especially that Milo kid.

"You coming to lunch?"

I glanced up, almost grinning at the Doctor in his usual suit and glasses. He was leaning over one of the desks, kicking his legs up like a child.

"Yeah," i said, standing and brushing out my high waisted jeans. 

for once i'd pulled off the smart look, pairing my jeans with a black blazer, plum heels and a camisole to match. The only thing that was properly ME about the outfit was the tassled gold choker. 

We joined the que for lunch, i just got a bottle of water but the Doctor grinned as he forced Rose – who was a dinner lady – to load up his tray with chips and mash

We joined the que for lunch, i just got a bottle of water but the Doctor grinned as he forced Rose – who was a dinner lady – to load up his tray with chips and mash. I gave her a small smile – receiving a glare in return – and followed the Doctor over to a table, sitting down across from him. A little while later, Rose wandered over and pretended to clean the table.

"Two days," she said.

"Sorry, could you just? There's a bit of gravy. No, no, just, just there," the Doctor teased, pointing to a spot on the table.

"Two days, we've been here," she complained.

"Blame your boyfriend. He's the one who put us onto this. And he was right. Boy in class this morning, got a knowledge way beyond planet Earth," The Doctor announced.

"Yeah, i have kids playing music even the best struggle with," i added, thinking of the kids i'd heard on the keyboard in this morning.

"You eating those chips?" Rose asked, ignoring me as she reached across and plucked a few from the tray.

"Yeah, they're a bit different," the Doctor said, watching her.

"I think they're gorgeous. Wish I had school dinners like this," she said, taking a seat at the end of the table.

"It's very well behaved, this place," i stated, "I mean, i wasn't exactly good student of the week, so i was never IN any of my classes, but none of them sat quietly, or even bothered to answer questions, and there was always a fight."

"Mmm," Rose agreed.

"I thought there'd be happy slapping hoodies. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones. Huh? Huh? Oh, yeah. Don't tell me I don't fit in," he grinned. I just shook my head, amused.

The head dinner lady appeared glaring down at Rose, "You are not permitted to leave your station during a sitting."

"I was just talking to these teachers," Rose told her, pointing to the Doctor and i as she stood up.