Attack Of The Jolly Santa Clauses

Rose and i cringed back as a golden light burst from the Doctor's body. Through it, I could see his features changing, he grew a little taller, skinnier, and there was hair! My heart thudded at a startling pace in my chest, was this my Doctor? Then the golden light was gone, along with my hopes.

"Hello. Okay. Oooh, new teeth. That's weird. So, where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona," the new Doctor announced, pulling a lever - luckily the Tardis shifted it back on her own.

I stared at him in shock, his brown hair was sort of spiked, not floppy like the Doctor I knew and he was as skinny as a rake. All in all he was attractive and somewhat familiar, like I knew this man deep inside but that was ridiculous. He moved for the console but i quickly darted in front of him and slapped his hands away.

"Ow! What did you do that for?!" he pouted, making him look adorable, impressive for a man.

"You told me not to let you touch it you idiot," i reminded him, then spotted Rose half hiding behind a pillar, "And you need to talk to Rose and explain what happened."

"Oh yes," he turned, seeming rather pleased with himself and stared at Rose, "Now then . . . what do I look like?" there was only a few seconds pause before he jumped in again, hand up to keep us both silent, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No. Don't tell me. Let's see . . . two legs, two arms, two hands . . ." he circled his right wrist a few times, looking unhappy, "Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle."  He lifted his hands to his head, playing about with his hair, "Hair! I'm not bald! Oh, Oh! Big hair!" he found his side burns and looked like a child on Christmas morning, "Sideburns, I've got sideburns! Or really bad skin. Little bit thinner-" he slapped his stomach making me cringe, "That's weird. Give me time, I'll get used to it."  He stopped again and maid a funny face, "I . . . have got . . . a mole. I can feel it."

I looked past him as he rolled his shoulders, seeing Rose look a little scared. I gestured for her to come out with a smile but she cowered away. How could she be scared of the Doctor? Did she not understand what just happened?

"Between my shoulder blades, there's a mole. That's all right. Love the mole. Go on then, tell me. What do you think?"

"Who are you?" Rose asked quietly.

"I'm the Doctor," he replied, looking like a kicked puppy. It made me feel pretty bad. Especially when Rose shook her head.

"No . . . Where is he? Where's the Doctor? What have you done to him?!"

"You saw me, I - I changed . . ." he pointed over his shoulder, "Right in front of you.   

"I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a . . . a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something."

"Rose," i spoke up, seeing him lost for words, but she ignored me and shoved his chest a little.

"You're not fooling me. I've seen all sorts of things. Nano genes . . . Gelth . . ." she gave him a dark look, "Slitheen . . . Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?"

"I'm not a Slitheen," he replied calmly.

"Send him back. I'm warning you; send the Doctor back right now!" she shouted and I rushed forward to calm her down.

"Rose, please, calm down before you hurt him!" i panicked, thinking of his feelings, "That is the Doctor, you saw him change, it's called Regeneration." She stopped, looking at me for answers, "It's what Time Lords do when they die. Every single cell in their body changes, their personality, their eye colour, apparently their teeth too." I looked over my shoulder at the Doctor who grinned, making me shake my head, "Look, ask him the first word he said to you. Go on, tell her," i told him.