Least He Didn't Ask Us To Call Him Batman

"How's it going?" the Doctor asked, coming in, but the other two kept laughing. "What? Listen, I need to find out what's programmed inside these." Now they were falling over, "What? Stop it!"

They wouldn't shut up, just kept getting louder and more annoying, it was doing my head in and before i realised, i had punched my fist through a computer screen.

= D W S =

I jumped at the sound of something smashing, and looked away from Rose and Sarah Jane who had stopped laughing to where Alex sat. My eyes widened as I watched her remove her fist from a computer screen, cut and bloody. Looking at the two who had been laughing, i could see they were confused at what she'd done, so i turned back to the girl in question.

"Finally, some peace," she said calmly, "Maybe now i might actually get past all these firewalls."

"Alex, are you okay?" I asked.

"No, no i am not," she turned and I froze, seeing the anger in her eyes which caused the gold flecks to stand out more, just like HERS. Alex directed her glare to Sarah Jane and Rose, "If you two want to keep laughing like hyenas or being jealous morons, please go and do it where children's lives are NOT at stake. If you're going to stay, make yourselves useful and keep your mouths shut."

Alex went back to work after i talked her into letting me wrap her hand in my tie, and Rose moved to the door to keep kids out of the room. Sarah Jane and i tried to get through into the hard drives, and the older of my three companions glanced back at the youngest.

"She really is like Alora," she said softly, "How is that possible, Doctor?"

"I don't know," I told her, "The universe ran out of imagination so it recycled or something like that, but she's not Alora, she never will be, and i would never want her to be." I threw down the drive I was trying to unlock, "I can't shift it."

"I thought the sonic screwdriver could open anything!"

"Anything except a deadlock seal. There's got to be something inside here. What're they teaching those kids?"

"This," Alex called, catching my attention.

On the screen was a flurry of green symbols which then popped up on all of the screens a minute later. I frowned, studying it. Why did it look so familiar?

= D W E =

"Some sort of code," the Doctor said. "No. No, that can't be. The Skasis Paradigm. They're trying to crack the Skasis Paradigm."

"The Skasis what?" Sarah Jane asked.

"The God maker. The universal theory. Crack that equation and you've got control of the building blocks of the universe. Time and space and matter, yours to control."

"What, and the kids are like a giant computer?" Rose asked.

"Yes. And their learning power is being accelerated by the oil. That oil from the kitchens, it works as a, as a conducting agent. Makes the kids cleverer."

"But that oil's on the chips. I've been eating them," Rose panicked.

"What's fifty nine times thirty five?" I threw out, and Rose answered immediately.

"Two thousand and sixty five. Oh, my God."

"But why use children? Can't they use adults?" Sarah Jane asked.

"No, it's got to be children. The God maker needs imagination to crack it. They're not just using the children's brains to break the code, they're using their souls."