12.

CHAPTER TWELVE.

        "My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. This time next year, on the ground," Jaha's voice sounds throughout the camp, applaud bursting out while all of the campers are silent. Everyone was watching Jaha's speech over the communications system. Liv, on the other hand, was seated on a log, picking at her nails. She hated hearing Jaha's voice, she was never going to be a fan of his. He ruined her life and it sickened her to think that he would be down here in a matter of months. 

        "Right," Miller's voice sounds, gesturing all around them, "after we did all the work. Someone shut him up."

        "You shut up, Miller," Raven states simply, Miller falling silent. "No one's forcing you to watch."

        "For ninety seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendents would return to Earth. . . " By this point, Liv was already tuning out Jaha's voice.

        Liv was still quite shaken up from yesterday, if she's being honest here. Not only had she almost gotten shot by Dax, who is now dead, but it was almost as though she had experienced being floated. That really freaked her out, she isn't going to lie. It felt so real, nothing like a hallucination. She also hadn't seen Bellamy since last night and she honestly wasn't sure what to think as of right now. 

        Her hand still seemed to tingle slightly after holding it yesterday. Liv honestly doesn't know why she grabbed it in the first place, but something felt so right about it. She couldn't put the feeling into a string of words.

        "Woo! Yeah!" Jasper's voice sounds, knocking her out of her thoughts. Looking up, she watches as he walks out with a steaming pot, a large grin on his face. "Monty strikes again!" Running down into the center of people, Jasper shouts, "Let's call this Unity Juice. Who's thirsty?"

        Everyone surrounds him with canteens in hand, having Jasper fill it with the alcoholic drink. Liv didn't feel the need to have any, though, especially with the grounders out there. Watch them attack the night they all decide to get shit faced, too drunk to even take care of themselves.

        And although everyone around her was rejoicing in excitement, Liv didn't even feel a hint of happiness.

        When night fell, she was completely and utterly right. Everyone around her was drunker than imaginable and Liv was just preparing for something to completely go to shit. Liv noticed Ash standing beside Monty and Jasper, the three becoming quick friends in their time here. She was glad that Ash was getting to know everyone here, and she was glad that she's gotten to know him better, too.

        He was laughing and Liv honestly didn't want to ruin his good mood considering she's not exactly up for having fun as of right now. Glancing over, she notices Bellamy standing in the back, eating his rations for the day rather than joining everyone in drinking.

        She makes her way over, Bellamy glancing up at her.

        "The comms are still dead," she states, her voice sounding distant. She didn't really know why she felt the need to say that, she just had nothing else to talk about. Liv felt like she needed to talk. In fact, she wanted to tell someone about what happened yesterday, but she couldn't. She'd seem weak and she isn't. But, she was also definite that she was about to go insane if she didn't get it off of her chest.

        In regards to the communications system, it had spontaneously cut out earlier during the Chancellor's speech about making their way back down to Earth by this time next year.