14.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

        Olivia stirred slightly in her sleep, her eyes slowly fluttering open as she notices the feeling of someone stroking her hair softly, soothingly. She stretched slightly, her eyes barely opening to have her vision blurrying. She was able to make out Bellamy Blake seated beside her, though.

        She turns on the make shift bed, croaking out, "You should be out there with the others. They need you."

        "Yeah, well right now I'm pretty sure you need me," Bellamy countered, Liv smiling softly.

        "I'll be fine. Like you guys said, it pass - "

        Before she knew what was happening, Bellamy was rolling her onto her side, Liv feeling a substance of some sort fill her throat before heaving over, blood pouring out of her mouth and pooling onto the floor. Once it was all out, the girl was left in a small coughing fit before laying back down weakly. 

        It was then when Ash made his way onto the third level of the drop ship, seeing as though almost everyone was better except for herself. The girl was able to hold a separate room to be secluded from all of the others.

        She glances toward her brother before back at Bellamy, insisting, "Ash is here, it's okay. Everyone out there needs you, though. I'll be here when you come back."

        He manages to smile softly, Liv watching in confusion as he hesitantly leans down toward her, pressing his lips against her forehead softly. Tingles burst throughout her, her heart beginning to hammer in her chest as the spot of her forehead practically burns. 

        Slowly, he pulled away from her, not looking back before leaving. Liv wanted more than anything to come back, but she had no idea what to say. Once he was out of the room, Liv lets out the breath she didn't know she was holding in.

        Her brother simply stood in the corner awkwardly, clearing his throat before sitting down in the seat beside her bed. Liv's eyes, though, were trained on the ladder Bellamy just climbed down in order to exit the drop ship.

        Letting out a sigh, Ash muses, "So, you and Bellamy, huh?"

        Liv shrugs, breathing out, "Hell if I know what's going on between us."

        And with that, her brother grabbed onto her hand, Liv finding herself begin to drift back to sleep.

        ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢  

        The brunette hadn't woken up until the next night, the girl shooting up in a panic. She was left alone in a dark room, her breaths ragged as she glances around. She wasn't going to lie, she was a bit disoriented and the only thing on her mind were grounders. All of this time she had been asleep while the grounders could be out there.

        She blinked, watching as a flashlight flicked on, Jasper Jordan in front of her. He grins at her, Liv smiling softly in return. Holding onto another jar full of the hydrozine, Liv raises a brow.

        "I thought you guys were done with the bombs," she croaked out, wondering what idea they were working on.

        He lets out a soft chuckle, explaining, "Raven had the idea of building land mines. One wrong step and a grounder goes boom."

        Liv smirks, managing to get out, "Lethal. I love it."

        Jasper shrugs, stating, "I was sure you would."

        The girl then slides out of the bed, her feet hitting the cold floor only to have Jasper make his way to her side. Rather than helping her up, he grabbed a cup that was placed on the chair beside her, handing it over.