You're all I need

Flashes of fire entranced his mind
Deafening screams echoed throughout his ears
Sirens rang out as his breath quickened
Her voice echoed throughout his mind as his breath now became erratic
She was gone
He'd lost her
He failed her
Their house was on fire and he stood outside watching it crumble
Knowing he'd failed her
If he'd known about it only a minute earlier she'd still be in his arms
She trusted him to protect her
And he failed
She was gone 

"Sasha!" Seth shouted jumping up in his bed. His body was covered in thick layers of sweat as his breath was erratic and shaky. He let a deep breath release form his lungs as he tried to recompose himself.

Flashes of the dream haunted his mind as his hands shook uncontrollably, but suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder causing him to jump. "Seth......are you ok?" Sasha asked her voice laced with tiredness, another deep breath left his body before he let himself slowly fall back onto the bed. Instantly he turned on his side and pulled her body to be flush with his.

He buried his face into her neck taking in her scent as she brushed through his hair with her fingers calming him. "Was it a nightmare?" Sasha asked feeling his body still shaking slightly in her arms that she had snaked around his back and around his shoulders. Seth nodded slightly "I thought I'd lost you" he said in shaky emotional voice that was slightly muffled as he kept his head buried in her neck holding her tightly against him as if he was afraid she would be ripped away from him instantly.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" Sasha assured her boyfriend, kissing his temple and caressing the back of his neck knowing it always soothes him. But suddenly when Sasha thought he'd fallen asleep again Seth pulled away from her neck but stayed close so there was no space left inbetween them.

Carefully he took her confused face in his calloused hands and stroked her cheeks gently with his thumbs. His eyes became entranced with hers but as much as Seth tried to hide it sasha could see the glint of fear and terror hidden deep in his eyes in the hazel colour she adored. "What is it baby?" She questioned kissing one of his thumbs as he continued to stare at her.

"You'd .......never leave..... me.....right?" He asked his voice shaky and soft just above a whisper almost as if he was afraid to show his fear to her. Immediately Sasha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but shook her head nonetheless "of course not....never" she replied pulling his hands away from her face so she could cup his jaw in her own forcing him to listen to her.

"I would never leave you......I love you Seth" she added her tone serious but her eyes held so much love and sincerity that made Seth want to melt onto her touch. Instead of replying Seth instead wrapped one of his arms around the back of Sasha neck so her could hold her head in his neck and the other snaked around her waist protectively. He sighed in relief when she was snuggled into his body safe in his arms.

"I love you too sasha......more than anything......you're all I need" he whispered before pressing a soft kiss to her head and soon falling into a peaceful dream.

584 words