4.Salene: D-Date & D-Disaster

Copyright
©2020SapnaSarkar
**

Slowly, watching her nervous steps Salene pushed back the chair to get up. Her eyes remain glued to her black heels as she started going back to the table behind her.

I can do this. .. there's nothing to afraid..

I can do this..

Her fingers tightly curled around the long strips of her white purse she was carrying on her shoulder carefully.

She was afraid to look up. To meet his questioning green eyes which she can feel is watching her every move.

'Sally, look up or you will collide with the chair.'

'I am trying.' she mumbled nervously.

'Then I suggest you to stop trying. Your previous clumsiness is enough for today.'

Salene felt annyoed with the constant blabbering of Lara. She was trying okay. She won't have been so nervous if the guy she is supposed to have exchange date with hasn't turned out someone she never imagined, not even in her dreams.

Salene felt her heels lightly colliding with something. True to Lara's words it was really a chair.

Now the time is here.

To face the biggest unconquerable challenge of her life.

In the past, she so wanted to impress Lorenzo Black and march up to him and ask him out on a date with her. But today, She forgot all about her imagined confidence. She was ready to cry. So loudly that it will reach near her bestfriend's ears and turn her info a deaf snake.

What if he is silently laughing at me? It won't be rude though because I myself embarrassed me.

Like who sits on different table and leave behind your date alone on his table?

Me? Obviously.

She tried breathing normally , fingers clutching her purse strip in death grip,  finally turned around to face 'him', her current biggest doom.  Her eyes betrayed immediately avoiding looking straight into his penetrating dark beautiful questionable eyes.

She could feel his strong deep stare at her face directly, even without trying she was somehow could feel his presence around her. What was this? Her breath was about to go crazy again , her heartbeats were already increasing its intensity in middle of her ears. Before she could change her mind Salene forced her eyes to meet his, looking down at his perfect self waiting for her to perform her next move.

A forced little twitch quickly broke in corners of her coloured lips and she noticed his little change in expressions before he went back to his neutral expressions.

Salene automatically took small steps towards him this time little more carefully than before. She was afraid to look away from his face now. What if he changes his mind and regrets after seeing me as his date? What if..? There were lots of what if but she had to take her chance.

Why not use this as opportunity and try to impress him in real Salene? Her intelligent mind suggested confidently.

What we have to lose? Nothing. We have already lost after getting suprised date with him!

Salene agreed immediately with her mind. No wonder her mind is more intelligent than her.. and she's the real idiot here.

Feeling her newfound confidence, her smile widened complimenting her touched up face with makeup, her eyes sparkled with the thought of finally getting to know her crush 'The Lorenzo Black' in real, face to face..