7. Salene: Liar As A Date

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

Copyright ©2020SapnaSarkar
.

..

Two days passed in blur.

Salene looked outside and at the gloomy cloudy weather.
It will rain today.

The date didn't go perfect. And she was now full of regrets.

Like the dark weather her soul was also in bad mood.

She fidgeted with her green sweatshirt nervously. She hasn't gone to library after her disaster date. She was aware he will recognise her if he saw her there.

With heavy heart and out of habit she decided to take a chance today. Her expressions were stiff as she passed by many students on the hallways.

Unlike any other day she is scared.. Really really scared to face him.

She wouldn't come if not for her sleepless nights.

She now resembled a walking zombie even Lara avoid looking directly into her eyes in fear.

Salene paused in her steps reaching the library. Her eyes wandering around to sense any danger.

Is it safe if I go inside?

Will I come out alive?

She pondered on her thoughts without moving.

It wasn't not like any other time. Before she was some stranger now.. He will definitely recognise her face if he looked closer to her face. But to add plus points, she was wearing her glasses this time which hid her eyes perfectly and, her face is bare without any makeup except her light pink gloss.

It felt natural coming here and standing far away in the corner leaning against the some book shelves and pick out  some unknown book on any topic and then observe him slowly to her heart's content.

She heard his friends calling out his name many times. This was how she memorized her name to her heart.

She wasn't obsessed to him. Never stalked him out of college building and never broke it into his dorm room. But a small part of her, still felt guilty for stalking him all this time.

It is a bad idea.

What if he wants to do nothing with old boring Salene!!!

Have I lost my chance to even admire him from far away by attending the date!?

He wasn't even interested in talking to her. He just ate like pig and ran away.

Salene took a deep breath. She can't back away. NO. At end I'll know if I've little chance with him in future.

C'mon Salene you can shine like your name as well.

Holding her canvas tighter in her fists Salene entered the library. Hesitating a bit she moved towards her regular spot she used to stand. She took a glance at the grumpy librarian who kept eating something while following other students with her eyes.

Today why it feels suddenly different.

She frowned spotting another person sitting beside her favorite old grumpy librarian today. A middle aged man with glasses sliding below his long nose and he was so engrossed in his work that he ignored the students calling him to borrow the freaking books.

Salene looked away and focused on digging inside the shelf to pick out any book while her eyes betrayed as she kept looking around her in search of familiar head of black hairs and pair of dazzling emerald eyes.