3. Compliments (Zach X Reader)

To begin with I thought compliment bags were a stupid idea, mainly because I went days without any but one day things started to change. It was a few minutes until the end of communications class, and Mrs Bradley was reminding the students to fill up the compliment bags. "Only 3 days left guys! Keep the compliments coming" she said pointing over to the stand of labled bags. The bell went, and you gathered your books into your bag and walked over to the stand of bags.

I peeked inside my bag and saw a folded up note. I smiled as I opened t up and read "Y/N you look beautiful today." I looked up from the note to see Zach Dempsey looking at me, but when he saw me look back he smiled slightly and headed out the door. Weird. Could the note be from Zach? It's not like we were strangers to eachother, I was fairly popular and was friends with a few of the guys like Monty, Justin and Scott. 

I tucked the note into my back pocket and walked out the room, heading for my locker. I quickly got to my locker and whilst I tried to grab a few books, I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey Y/N" Monty said, with a cheeky grin on his face. "What's that look for De La Cruz?" I replied, laughing slightly. He scratched the back of his head, and said "what's that in your back pocket? looks like a secret note." I rolled my eyes, and stuffed the note away from his sight hurriedly, knowing that he would make fun of me if he read it. "It's nothing, just an answer from biology" I told him, but I've never been good at lying.  He grabbed the note out of my pocket, and read it out loud. "Shh! Someone might hear it!" I said sharply, elbowing him in the arm. He widened his eyes, and I could see he had put the pieces together. "Holy shit! This is from the compliment bags, isn't it? You've got yourself a secret admirer Y/N" he said happily. I rolled my eyes, and nodded reluctantly. 

While me and Monty were talking, Zach walked past and said "hey Y/N." I blushed slightly, and said hey back. Once Zach had turned the corner, Monty shook my shoulders and laughed, "the note was from Zach!" I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk to my next class, laughing. I got half way down the hallway, before I heard Montgomery shout at me "I'm totally setting you guys up!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished my last class of the day, and I was so glad to be going home. Unlocking my car, I opened up the door and was about to get in the driver's seat, when I was interrupted by Justin. He tapped on the window, and smiled. "Heyyy Y/N, what's up?" he chanted. "Monty sent you here, didn't he? That asshole" I said jokingly, as I was secretly excited for what was going on. Justin led me to the basketball court, and told me to wait at the bleachers. 

Soon enough, Zach came out and sat next to me, with a pile of notes in his hands. He chuckled nervously, and said "here are the notes I was going to give you for the rest of the week, but I guess I got figured out." I couldn't wipe the silly smile of my face, he was just too sweet. He handed me the notes and I read them one by one.

"You make me smile everyday."

"I can't believe how pretty you are."

"I wish you were mine."

I looked up at Zach, and said softly "this is the sweetest thing ever, thank you." He smiled and looked down before looking up at me with his adorable eyes. "I guess you know by now, but I like you Y/N and I was wondering if-" I cut his words off with a hug, and I whispered in his ear "of course I'll be your girlfriend."