𝗂. 𝗠𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝖬𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝖬𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

━━━━━━━━━━

The flight to Washington was not as long as Alissa wanted it to be. She wanted to be alone, in her own little bubble for much longer. She hated being asked time and time again if she was okay and if there was something they could do for her. So, being on that four hour flight made her feel relaxed for the first time since the death of Allison. She had never gotten to be alone since her dad and friends were afraid to leave her alone for even a second.
Allison was her other half and they knew how much the girl lost when Allison died.

It was her father who suggested her staying with her uncle for a bit while they both tried to overcome this tragedy that hit them. The girl had not protested for once. She needed a change of scenery, a new place that wouldn't make her miserable.
Allisa was hoping Forkst was that place.

A fresh start for her.

As Alissa had exited the airport she was trying to hard to smile. This would be the first time she had seen her uncle since mother's funeral and even at that time she didn't pay attention to anything. She was unsure if he was actually there or if it was just her hallucinating. She didn't remember anyone from her mothers side that wasn't her uncle Charlie and maybe his daughter, even though she hadn't seen her in years. They were the only ones who she could put faces to the names

That was how she was able to find him easily in the airport parking lot. The girl had frowned, when she saw the man in his police uniform standing beside the small police car. Alissa had moved around a lot so she had seen plenty of different police cars but none of them were as small as the one in front of her.

The girl shook her head and put on brave face with a smile as she walked to the car.

The man was pacing around, while glancing down at his watch. He was the only one from her mother's side who showed up to her funeral. He could not make it to Allison's funeral even though he wanted to and that's all Alissa was grateful for. Charlie and her mother were never on good terms, but he decided to put everything aside just to be there for his nieces.

“Alissa! My, how you have grown!”
The brunette smiled at her uncle's dramatic act. She remembered the man loved to exaggerate at times.

“You saw me like a few months ago. I have not changed that much,” she replied just as he wrapped his arms around her embracing her in a warm hug. She didn't want to comment on how his beard was hurting her cheek since she didn't want to ruin the moment.