𝗑𝗂. 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲

━━━━━━━━━━
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝖱𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖽𝗂𝖺𝗍𝖾

━━━━━━━━━━𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝖱𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖽𝗂𝖺𝗍𝖾

━━━━━━━━━━

The last few days made Alissa feel alone again. Her friend, the person she considered her best friend, Jacob had started to ignore both Alissa and Bella. She didn't know why. She would understand him not taking Bella's calls but not hers? The boy always answered her calls. After the movie she had thought he would call her to tell her he was okay but he never did. The girl had texted him first and then when he didn't answer, she called Billy. He told her that he had mono and she understood. He was sick and he needed his rest.

But when the first week past she thought he would be better but he wasn't. Billy told her again that Jacob had a fever and he had to rest. She knew Billy was lying to her but she just pushed it behind her and waited for the next week. He wouldn't keep ignoring her.

School continued and she spend most of her time with Angela, Eric and Jessica. Most of the time Bella's mind wasn't with them. Alissa knew how to act like everything was okay. She has lot of practice over tbe years but Bella, she made everything so obvious. Jessica picked up on it and even Eric, the person who never seemed to pick on any change of behaviours. Alissa tried to play it off by telling them she was a bit sick but they didn't believe.

On an afternoon when Charlie and Harry went to go fishing Alissa and Bella were seated in the living room. Bella was trying to call Jacob but he obviously was not answering her. Alissa was contemplating if she should try or if she should just go over to his house. Alissa decided that she has had enough. She picked up her keys and left the house. Bella didn't even notice the girl leaving the house.

Alissa drove to the one place she knew he would be at. His father's lies became to obvious so she knew he wasn't sick anymore. He would be there.

Alissa stopped her car at the side of the road and she made sure to lock it before she made her way hrough the trees. It wasn't far so she knew he would be there.

The girl stopped when her gaze falls on the shirtless boy. He had shorts on with no shirt. Jacob Black changed his whole look in a matter of weeks. His hair was cut off which. Her gaze fell on his shoulder where a tattoo was. The girl found it weird and ironic because Jacob once told her he would never get a tattoo even if she paid him to. But now, here he is. With a tattoo and shirtless. How much has things changed?

She walked closer to the edge, stopping beside him. “So, you're sick, huh?”

Jacob had heard her approaching him but he didn't make a move to look her way. He knew she would find him here that's why he decided to stay here for a while. He needed to tell her to stop contacting her. It would be better for everyone else.

“This is great, really. I mean. . .you ignore specifically my calls, you get your dad to lie for you about you being sick but here you are in the cold. . .with no shirt on,” the girl stated, annoyance evident in her tone.

“Oh, and let's not forget about the tattoo and you cut your hair. What's going on Jake?” Alissa asked, turning to face him. He was the only real friend besides Angela and Jessica that she had here in Forks. She didn't want him to start ignoring her.

“Alissa, you need to go.”

“Oh no, Jacob. I'm not leaving. You're going to tell me exactly what's wrong with you. Why the hell have you been so mysterious? Why did you cut your hair off? Is it part of a ritual, or what?” Alissa asked, with a frown.

Jacob sighed, turning to the girl. “Alissa, please, leave. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want—”

“Hurt me? What the hell Jake? You're already hurting me by ignoring me.”

Jacob looked down. Alissa frowned thinking of what could have happened. Her mind suddenly went to Embry who had also went through something similar as Jake. He had cut his hair and he started walking around shirtless as well. “Did Sam get to you, Jake?” the girl asked him.

Jacob shook his head, “Don't blame him. Sam is trying to help me, Alissa.”

“Then, what is going on? Tell me! I won't understand if you don't at least communicate.”

“I'll tell you what's going on. You and Bella are protecting those filthy bloodsuckers,” Jacob said and the girl's eyes widened. He knew about Edward. How did he know about Edward? “What?”

“The Cullens. You and Bella have been lying to everyone, Alissa. To Charlie but you can't lie to me.” Alissa sighed, looking up at the boy. “I don't know the Cullens. I have only met them once. I don't care about them, Jake.”

“You may not but Bella does. She loves the bloodsuckers and she would do anything for them,” Jacob bellowed glaring at the ground.
“Come on! Jake! I'm not Bella, okay? I am—”

“You're not Bella but if it came to protecting those bloodsuckers you would easily help them. That's who you are Alissa.” The girl wanted to scream at Jake. She didn't care about Edward and his family but she did care about Bella. By protecting Bella, she was protecting the Cullens.

“Look, Alissa, I care about you. . .but we can't be friends anymore. I'm sorry.” The boy turned around to walk off. “What the hell do you mean we can't be friends anymore, huh?”

“Like I just said. We're not friends anymore and I think it's best if you forget about me.”

Alissa grabbed on to the boy's arm befoew he could walk off. “No. You don't get to do this to me, okay? We've been friends for months now. We've argued over stupid stuff. We talk about cars and bikes. What the hell changed? Is it me?” Alissa's voice broke at the end. She didn't want to lose a friend so dear to her.

She wanted to keep this friendship, she didn't want to lose him.

Jacob shook his head. “No, it's not you, Alissa.”

Alissa close her eyes. “No. It is me. I'm not good. I used to be. . .a great kid. Not anymore. It doesn't even matter, alright? This is over, Alissa.” She grabbed on to his arm when he tried to walk away again. “This isn't right, Jake. You can't do this to me. You're the only true friend that I have here.”

“Maybe it's time you find some new friends. I'm sorry but next time you call I won't answer. Go home, please. And don't come back. Or you're gonna get hurt,” Jacob told her before running to the cliff and jumping off. The girl ran to the edge to watch his body fall into the water. Alissa couldn't help but break down. She fell down onto the ground.

She finally found a friend she could confide in but he left her.