Chapter 41.

The men forcefully shoved me into the back of a van with tinted windows. These goons could not be any more cliched. The man who seemed like the leader sat in the back with one of the other men and the third sat in the passenger's seat as the fourth man drove away.

"This is kidnapping, you know," I said to him, more angry than worried.

The man smirked at me, looked over at the man next to him and nodded. The second man, obeying orders, leaned forward and tied a black cloth against my head, like a blindfold. I thought it would be best not to fight back because these people obviously needed me alive and well if they wanted to use me as a bargaining chip to get whatever they wanted from Parker.

They had strapped me to the seat and I'm sure they were keeping a close watch on everything I did.

"Where's your phone?" the man asked me.

"In my bag," I told him.

I heard him fumbling around my bag and pulling out my phone. I assumed he turned it off when I heard him zip it back up.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Excuse me?" he said in an incredulous tone.

"You seem to know a lot more about me than my name, the least you could do is tell me your name," I shrugged, "What am I going to do? Tell someone?"

He was silent for a moment, probably considering it.

"Rick," he said, after a while.

"Is that short for Patrick or something?" I questioned.

He snorted. "Rick is enough."

I was quiet for a while, trying to map out in my head where I was being taken. From the turns that were taken and the speed at which the man was driving, I was almost completely sure that I was being taken out of the city into the Lake Town.

We drove for what seemed to be hours and the men spoke very little. They seemed unwilling to let me hear any part of their plans. When we finally stopped, I was almost sure we were inside someone's premises because of the sounds of a gate I heard.

Rick said, "Come on," and gruffly pulled me out of the van by the arm. My footsteps crunched the gravel as I was led away from the van. I figured I was inside after I was pushed up a few stairs and the sunlight disappeared. I heard a door close and the blindfold was removed.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly as they faded out from black, adjusting to the sudden change in light. When they finally focused, I stifled a gasp as I looked around the house in which I was standing.

It was obviously a grand mansion and it was absolutely breathtaking. I was standing in the entrance lobby, which had two grand semi-circular stairways leading to one landing and then up to the first floor of the house. Beyond the crevice created by the two stairways, I could see an ornately decorated grand living room beyond which I could see sprawling gardens outside the glass doors. A beautiful crystal chandelier hung from a dome in the ceiling, illuminating the whole area. The whole house was beautiful and white with gold designs and edging woven into aspect. It was the most beautiful house I had been in. I wondered who owned it how they ever made so much money as to build and maintain such a grand home.

I had barely had two minutes to take it all in, when I was pulled roughly by the arm and pulled up one of the staircases and on to the first-floor landing. I looked out the glass-paned windows at the trees and flower bushes in the garden. Rick turned to the left and walked past many rooms to get to the end of the hallway, opened the door, shoved me inside, told one of his lackeys to stay with me, left the room and locked both of us in the room.