005

CHAPTER FIVE

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

"i don't understand why you can't tell me" lydia screamed out to her bestfriend as the two girls ran up the stairs, selene trying to avoid telling the girl the truth. she knew it was hurting lydia and she hated to do that but she didn't want the girl getting involved.

although her list of things she cared about increased by another three things, she would be damned if the top thing on that list went down. lydia martin would always be the most important person in her life, and she would let everyone around her know that.

"because lyds, i don't want you getting hurt!" selene suddenly yelled as she stopped walking and turned to face the strawberry blonde, making her abruptly stop.

"then tell me, and i'll know what you're protecting me from" lydia argued as she continued following the girl to her bedroom. selene flicked her hand hoping it would shut the door on her bestfriend quick enough but the girl caught the door.

"how'd you do that?" lydia asked slowing her steps as she had just realised that her friend made the door shut without touching it, selene stopped with her back to the girl as her eyes widened. she quickly turned to her to explain but lydia had already started backing away.

"lydia, please don't be scared" selene said putting her arms in front of them to create a distance, showing her bestfriend she didn't want to hurt her.

"scared! i'm not scared... i'm-" she said trying to find her words, the girls breaths became ragged as she clutched her stomach in pain. "i'm hurt!" lydia said as she finally looked selene in the eye.

the haydes girl had never seen lydia look so sad. not when her and jackson broke up the first time, not when her parents got a divorce. and this was the moment selene haydes knew she had royally fucked up her relationship with lydia martin. and she silently prayed the girl would forgive her.

――――

"selene, hey its stiles" the boy said as the girl had picked up the phone, his words were rushed as she suddenly sat up in her bed.

"i know stiles, i have your number" the girl said rolling her eyes, at the boys stupidity.

"oh well, jackson attacked danny and-" the boy was cut off by selene's yells of worry for the hawaiian boy.

"is he okay? what did jackson do? is jackson ok?" she rushed out as she quickly threw her trainers on underneath of the bed.

"we have jackson, and danny's okay. meet us in the woods in twenty" stiles said not giving the girl time to argue as he hung up.