007

CHAPTER SEVEN

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

it had been two days since selene and erica were attacked by the kanima, selene didn't know about erica but she had spent those two days resting. it was now sunday night and she lay in her bed on the phone to nicholas. the boy had told her that he hadn't spoken to erica either, but really wanted to. their call was cut short when she recieved a call from scott. the boy telling her to meet him by the warehouse district, she began to argue but scott ended the call before she could really shout at him.

she was still dressed in her clothes from the day, so would lay out from shouting at scott when she got there. the girl threw nicholas' varsity jacket over her white bandeau top which she wore with a high waisted black skirt. the outfit colours not co-coordinating with the coat but she didn't have a choice

her hair was in a high messy bun with pieces of hair sticking out on the sides and the back, the blonde highlights worked with the bun to her luck. she picked up her car keys before rushing downstairs leaving a note for natalie. considering lydia had stayed at her dads that weekend.

――――

after she had picked up scott from the warehouse district he asked her to drive him to where he worked, the animal clinic. the girl having no idea why but obeyed the boys wishes. the car ride was silent for the majority until scott broke the silence.

"are you not cold?" he asked staring down at her bare legs which she usually would have on display.

"i have magic, scotty" she said shrugging as she showed him her hand which she made glow in the moment. silence took over again as a unsettling atmosphere took over. "what do you really want to ask me?" she sighed as she pulled up to the clinic.

"what's been up with you these past few days?" he asked worried, remembering how her chemo signals had been all over the place.

"this whole situation, i'm scared for how it's going to end. i just want it to be over, i can't handle it anymore" she said being completely and utterly honest with the boy in the moment, as she felt vulnerable sitting next to him.

"if you give me the time, i'll handle it" scott said grabbing the girls hand that was still on the steering wheel as he wrapped his larger ones around it.

the girl nodded as she leaned back into her seat, before pulling her hands away unbuckling her seat belt. she opened her door before exiting the car and locking it after scott was out, walking up to the front of the clinic.

scott unlocked the door for the girl as she entered walking straight to the small room where they would usually treat animals, she was met with the face of scott's boss. deaton. the girl jumped before apologising.