010

CHAPTER TEN

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

it had been two weeks since the incident at the sheriffs station. selene had gotten to hospital in time and they had stopped the bleeding. matt had been killed, the killer still being unknown. peter hale was back. and isaac, erica and boyd had all run away from home. scott's mom was ignoring him, not wanting to talk to her son after seeing what he really was. and allison and her father had been tracking derek down ready to kill the man.

"you know, when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out. it's called "voluntary apnea." it's, like, no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. but then, when you finally do let it in... that's when it stops hurting. it's not scary anymore. it's-it's actually kind of peaceful" stiles explained as he sat in front of ms. morrell fixing his lacrosse stick.

 "are you saying you hope matt felt some peace in his last moments?" the woman asked trying to get something out of him.

"i don't feel sorry for him" stiles said truthfully, not looking the woman in the eye.

"can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old matt who drowned?" the woman asked making stiles roll his eyes, her trying to get some kind of information out of him.

"just because a couple of dumbasses dragged him into a pool when he couldn't swim, doesn't really give him the right to go off killing them one by one" stiles scoffed before remembering something his dad told him. "and, by the way, my dad told me that they found a bunch of pictures of selene on matt's computer. and not just of her, though. I mean, he photo shopped himself into these pictures" the boy said looking up. "stuff like them holding hands, and kissing... you know, like, he had built this whole fake relationship. so, yeah, maybe drowning when he was nine years old was what sent him off the rails, but the dude was definitely riding the crazy-train" stiles argued as he thought back to the moment he had told selene.

the girl certainly didn't take the news well and cried into the buzzcut boys arms in her hospital bed. she was already freaked out by matt's actions but hearing how truly obsessed with her she was terrified her.

"one positive thing came out of this, though... right?" ms. morrell referred back to how his dad had become sheriff again.

"yeah.  yeah, but i still feel like there's something wrong between us" stiles explained as he kept changing what hand he held his lacrosse stick in. "i don't know. it's just, like, tension when we talk. same thing with scott." the boy said.