009

CHAPTER NINE

( SELENE HAYDES )

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

selene had decided that after not being able to find derek she would stay with isaac, boyd and erica not wanting to leave the three struggling teenagers alone on the night of a full moon. the girl was freezing as she walked around the train depot without a jacket or shoes on, her bare feet occasionally stepping on a sharp rock or piece of small glass.

she hadn't gone back in to talk to isaac or to check on the others, but as long as it was quiet and no blood was being shed she decided it was okay to wait outside. she was sort of scared to talk to the boy again, being quite hurt that he had only saved her because she was going to die. it was stupid of her, she was expecting a big answer like he loved her or something.

although she knew she couldn't expect that considering she didn't love him and she didn't even know if they considered eachother friends. only being able to start tolerating each other day at the rave. it was stupid to even think that something like a romance could blossom between them.

she was cut out of her vigorous thought progress as her phone began ringing on the crate she left it, the girl quickly checking the caller id seeing it was stiles.

"hey selene, can you come to the sheriffs station?" the boy asked as his voice came out slightly shaky considering matt held a gun to his head.

"stiles, are you okay? what's wrong?" the girl asked considering she found it weird that he said her name at the start of the sentence.

"yeah, just get here quick. please" the boy said as his voice had become a whisper, the girl nodded before remembering he couldn't see her.

"i'm on my way" she said before hanging up and walking back to the cart that the werewolves were restrained.

"isaac!" she called out before the boys head snapped up to her figure "i have to go to the sheriffs station, i'll be back" she said not giving him time to reply before she was off to her car.

――――

after finding out matt was the person controlling the kanima, scott stiles and sheriff stilinski were in the sheriffs station calling witnesses over. one being scott's mom. trying to get a warrant to arrest the boy. although matt had shown up with a gun holding them at gun point after he had killed every cop in the building.

"deleted. and we're done. all right? so, matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first-- whatever that means-- i think we're good here, right? so, I'll just get my dad, and we'll go, you know? you continue on the whole vengeance thing. enjoy the kanima" stiles said irritably as he gestured between him and his dad.