II. the chemist

The next morning I found myself smoking a cigarette in the balcony of my mansion. My thoughts were screaming and my body felt weak.

" I thought you quite smoking a long time ago " — I heard Ronnie laughing behind me

" I stole one of your cigarettes, hope you don't mind" — I said without turning around to look at him, continuing smoking the cigarette.

He came and grab his arms around my waist — " What do you have in mind?" — He just asked me that, oh dear lord if I could say everything that was going on in my mind at that moment.

" I was thinking about my parents " — Lie.

" You were tossing and turning all night, did you dreamt about them ?" — " Yes " — I said while I throwing away the cigarette cyst. Lie, once again.

I finally turned around to look him into the eyes. I just saw kindness, love and passion. That was my fiance. " Don't worry, everything will be fine " — he said giving me a forehead kiss. I keep saying to myself that that's my fiance but I feel like I don't have air to breathe anymore.

" I am going to take a shower, I already told the maid to prepare breakfast " — I said, getting out of his hug and going right through the bathroom.

The way to that room seem to be endless, I couldn't feel my steps going in straight line, I felt like I was drunk and going from left to right.

I let my bathrobe flow down till it touched the floor while hearing the water fall, but that sound was like, so far away for my ears in that moment. I took a moment to look into the mirror and ask myself: What are you doing ? It was an rhetorical question because of course, I had no idea what I was doing.

I get out the shower, put clean clothes and went down stairs to the living room where Ronnie was waiting for me to have breakfast.

" Baby, I have to tell you something " — he said while eating another grape.

I stayed silent letting him continue his sentence — " I am gonna go in a business trip for a few days, Oliver called me while you were in the shower " — a piece of bread immediately got stuck in my throat.

" Are you okay ?"— he said wanting to stand up and come to my part of the table — " I am fine "— I said drinking from the glass of water I had in front of me and stopping him from stand up.

" Tell me more about this trip ? Is Christian going ?"

" No " — Thank God — " it's about the petrol investion, I am gonna leave this evening, I already ordered the employees to get my yacht. I am going to France " — he said standing up — " Now, if you excuse me, I have to let you eat alone, I have some things to finish before I leave " — saying this he gave me another forehead kiss and left the room.

I was glad that Barry wouldn't go with Ronnie. Because after all this conversation and after the shitty night I lived, I had to go and confront my past. I had so many questions and only that blue eyes had the answers for them.

The day passed hard. At least for me. I tried to do anything to distract my mind from the stupid thing I was about to do. I ignored Ronnie all day long, I know it was bad. Until now, everytime he was about to leave I was hugging him all day, kissing him, but now, I was scared to even look at him.

The time for Ronnie to leave was here, I went out to say goodbye.

" No kiss for tonight ? " — he said before taking my hand and pull me closer to him.

" Of course, what I was thinking ? " — I said while giving him that kiss. Oh, kisses. Without knowing I was remembering someone else insted Ronnie. Caitlin, what is wrong with you ?

" Be careful while I am away, this trip would take longer than I expect " — I didn't respond anything and just limited myself to smile like nothing was happening.

He finally left and I rushed to our room up stairs searching for something I didn't even knew if existed anymore. But somewhere, in my closet, hide, it was.

My old black leather jacket. I can't explain all the feelings I had in that moment, all the memories were coming making me feel weak, again. I dressed up and quiet I went down stairs to the garage where I had my Ferrari F8 Tributo, a black matte one. The American Dream.

After some minutes of driving I parked the car in the street, somewhere more private. I took my phone and start walking.

Black leather pants and heeled boots weren't exactly the type of clothes I was wearing since I left this place, I was more into expensive dresses and jewerly now, but with that semnificant black leather jacket I coudn't came here with my Louis Vuitton dress.

I found myself standing in front of a big building, but that wasn't the place I was supposed to be. I take an old elevator and put my fingerprint under the buttons. I have this. The truth is that anyone there had it.

The elevator opened somewhere at 4m underground, it was a secret place, not so many people had the 'pleasure' to be there. I had glasses and a cap covering my face and my hair but I still felt all the people present there looking at me. Staring at me. This was a mistake. In that moment Jonh came at me — " Who are you? " — He asked putting himself in front of me. I don't know if I had to feel bad that he didn't recognized me or if I had to feel relieved for that.

I took my glasses down slowly — he frozed. " I am looking for The Chemist " — I said trying to control my shaking and hide my sickness. In that moment of shock in his eyes, he made a gesture showing me where I can find him.

" Frost " — I heard when I walked away. I turned around without saying anything, recognizing my code name in that place — " He isn't the same since you left " — I can imagine that. I nodded letting him know that I understood. I walked through the people hearing them wishpering things and looking at me, I tried not to fall from the heels.

I opened the door that was in front of me just to see a chair turned to the wall. My heart stopped when I smelled the perfume that was in the room. His perfume.

" I was expecting you " — A voice break out from the chair.

**

Hii guys ! I hope you enjoy this  story so far ! I am so sorry I update it like, in years :c

Tell me in the coments what do you think about this part ❤︎