IV. till the end, and a little more

I woke up up confused and with a big headache under a soft blanket and a bed full of smooth pillows.

I froze in the moment I realised where I was. The room was big, dark tones in the walls but somehow classy, the bed had stairs to go down and there were big windows insted a wall in the left side of the room. I was in his house.

I wish I was still sleeping and having a nightmare but in that moment a voice interrupted my thoughts — " I hope you are feeling better " — That hoarse voice again. Why I can't wake up from this ? Because you can't sweetie, you ran long enough.

" I am gonna call the police " —  God I should learn how to think before start talking. 

" And what they could do to me ? " — he asked with a smirk on his face while advancing in my direction.
I felt a horrible misgiving on the spinal cord. He was right, how can I be this stupid ? The police were eating from his hand. He was coming forward slowly and I swear that was consuming me.

" And especially, that's the way you are gonna thank the man who saved your life? " — He said being for about one step in front of me. Saved, my life?

I took two steps back, backing myself to the window. I didn't have where to escape. I started to remember pieces that happend last night in a blurry mode. Ronnie!

'' The file I saw last night..''

'' Everything was true '' — his confidence was killing me.

" This can't be real " — I said trying to control all my feelings and the voice in my head.

" No, this is real. This is real life. What you lived since now wasn't real " — he took the last step almost cutting off the last space we had between us. — " I am gonna make coffee, do you still like coffee right ? " — he asked, while taking one strand of my hair and putting it behind my ear. I couldn't respond anything so I just nodded. — '' You know where is the living room. I am gonna wait for you there after I make the coffee" —turned around and left the room.

I felt like I could breathe again while he was leaving. I sat a little on the edge of the bed trying to get, once again, all my shit together. I was afraid to go down there because if I do, I'll ask more questions and I am not sure I wanna know more answers after what happend last night. I took my phone, the baterry was over, I never leave the house with it full charged. I throw it in the bed and opened Barry's wardrobe to find something more confortable, those leather pants cuted off my blood flow all night.

He had the most expensive suits, a lot of black and brand clothes. But somwhere in the corner, was one specific t-shirt, the one I gave him as a gift six years ago. Why the hell did he kept it? the question is, how the hell this shirt even exist anymore ? It was a limited edition Versace 1989 shirt. His birthday year. I took a moment to check the label : '' No matter how many years will pass since this birthday, I am gonna be with you till the end ''. I was such a romantic girl back there. And the irony was exploding.

I went to take a shower. I was a weird person, I always thought that if you take a shower the water takes your broken pieces away. Standing there in the bath gave me the peace I needed in that moment. I took another breathe and get out. I changed, of course the shirt was wide, I felt like wearing a dress, not a molded one from Valentino but I think that you can feel like a dream in anything, as long as it's special. All the memories of when I gave him it came to my mind like a bullet. He wanted something unique, I honeslty think that a shirt is not the best gift you give to your partner in crime, but he always said that all my intentions were unique.

After all that roller coaster of emotions, I decided that was time to handle things like the adult I was, go down stairs and drink that coffee.

The house was the same, he didn't change anything. The hallway that was taking me to the living room also had a big window on the said, letting me see that beautiful garden everytime I walked passed it.
I made my way to the living room still analyzing the house, like it was the first time I was in there. Barry stood quiet while looking at me when our eyes found each other, I could've say he got a little sock from seeing what I was wearing.

" I didn't expect to see you with that shirt " — he said trying to calm down while putting the coffee on the table. Oh how many memories we had on that table.

" And I didn't expected seeing you prepare the breakfast by yourself " — I was feeling in control of the situation, hope it lasts. The sickness went away and my hands weren't shaking anymore in his presence.

" I gave the maid a day off. I wanted the house to be quiet " — I was feeling my emotions cracking again. Why would he wanted to have the house quiet?

" Why ? "

" Don't worry, I am not trying to murder you. But I thought that in this way we could talk open. Without anyone interrupting us " — Dear Caitlin, you are starting to become paranoid.

I sat down on the left side of the table and he did the same thing on the right of it. The day was amazing, Barry loved big windows, he always said that in the middle of nowhere, he could be himself, so the big windows symbolized the fact that with transparency and being himself, it wasn't anything to hide. So of couse he had one in the living room too, but this time outside was the big pool that he always loved. I loved it too, actually.

I didn't felt like eating so I was just admiring the pool outside until Barry ruined all the silence with his laugh — "What it's so funny to you ? " — I asked confused — " I see the way you are looking at that pool " — Crap.

"I am sorry, I can't look at the pool ? "

"I didn't say that "

"  You throught about that"

"You know that's not true " — he said letting his glass of water on the table.

" I need a phone charger, my phone died and Ronnie for sure called me a lot of times " — I was trying to go on another way with that conversation. — " That fiance of yours? " — the sarcasm. Could he live a moment without sarcasm?

"Look, I know what I saw last night and after a long shower and meditation I can asure you that the man in that file isn't my fiance, maybe you got your target wrong "

"You know I am never wrong but there's just one way to find out" — he wasn't talking about.. Of course he was.

" That's not who I am anymore and you know that" — I wanted to stand up and forget the past few days of my life. But something told me to stay calm and continue to have that conversation.

"My darling" — he said putting his elbows on the table with a grin all over his face — "Seeing you last night with that jacket and today with this shirt, was the only thing I needed to confirm that you are still that one " — he looked right into my eyes, and ignoring the fact that I was shaking again, I think that Barry putting all the reality in the game, with confidence and letting me with nothing else to say, was always one of my weakness.

Thank God his phone starting to ring.

" I'll be right there in a few minutes " — he hang up the call and turned around to look at me — " If you want I drop you back to the building to take your car, but we still have to talk " — the car, who cared about the damn car in that moment for God sake.

'' That would be great, thanks ''

'' I'll wait for you in the car, I have another call phone to make '' — he said while putting on his overcoat.

God please, I know you are listening, just stay with me because this is gonna be a bumby ride. And I am not just talking about the one to my car.

****
Hiiii guys, I hope you really enjoy this one ! Let me know what you think about the story so far 🥰