Generational Curse

Paisli sits at Janeeka kitchen counter sipping her orange juice slowly watching Cane feed himself eggs. He jammed them in his mouth with fat chubby hands and all she could think of is how much he looks like his dad. She sighs closing her eyes. Hearing Janeeka heels click clack in the kitchen made her open her eyes. "For someone who got shot to hell you really are holding yourself up well."
"I feel fine. I laid there unconscious for days my body healed. I just feel tense." Paisli places her glass down on the counter folding her arms staring at Janeeka. She felt her eyes burning the back of her neck, she drops her head.
"Something to ask?"
"Why isn't Zion here?"
"He don't live here anymore"
"Divorce?"
She scoffs mouthing yes but said "I don't know just yet. I'm just tired I need a break"
"What did he do? If you don't mind me asking"
"Look at you being polite because last night you talked to those men like you were on a rampage"
"Because everything that happens in me and Zanes life is their fucking fault"
Janeeka nods agreeing with her sitting down across from her. She wipes Cane face handing him a cup of juice.
"Zion is a cheating son of a bitch and has been for years. I'm the idiot for letting it go on for so long. Maybe it was the nice things, the family, the knowing that regardless he came home to me. Until he didn't"
"He didn't come... home?"
"A month or so ago. Right when you got out of surgery. He comes into the hospital after not being home for days on end. Thought I was going to ignore it and I didn't. He smelled just like her"
"You know who it is?"
"I sure do. I just might beat that hoe ass when I see her but him? Nomore. You get your shit and you get the fuck out."
"I know that's right, but I know that hurt"
"Of course it did. He's my husband, the father of my 3 crazy ass sons, we raised a family here and now it's just... karma coming to bite all of us in the ass. Whatever you do Paisli, don't let Zane treat you less then you deserve. You kicking him out after he put his hands on you was something I admired because I couldn't even do that the years Zion has put his hands on me. I stayed."
"Now you're not staying. You're ready to put your foot down and that's amazing. Do you think you'd give him another chance?"
She chuckles sipping her coffee.
"That's the funny thing about love honey. It's one of the most frightening feelings in the world. I've let love cloud my judgement for so long and now... I can't let it do it now. So I don't know."
"If Zane ever hurt me like you're hurting right now, what should I do?"
"Whatever your heart tells you to. Your heart will get tired eventually, mine sure is. What you and Zane have is something everyone can feel. Zion and I are burning out sad to say. Our flame has been lost. You and Zane, have a flame that can't be blown out. It's literally impossible. So even if your ass is convinced that you're done with him. You never will be."
Paisli gulps believing her every word. Zane has this power over her she's never felt before, never experienced, never manifested. Everything she knew she learned from Zane. Zane made Paisli who she is today. Zane made her this bougie woman she's becoming. She speaks like him, sees things the way he does. She's matched into his every being and it scares her at how much they are 1 person. He's her drug of choice and she's willing to die for it and that's how scary this love is for her. If they never find Zane she knows she will lose her mind.

The phone rings from the front gate, letting them know the men were at the gate. Janeeka had the code changed and told the gate keeper to always have Zion announced when pulling in here. If Janeeka isn't home he can't come in.

She orders the maid to open the door and the men greet her. Jordan walks in, followed by Zion and Jackson plus Sophia.

Paisli slightly turns her head seeing everyone walk in. Jordan lands his eyes on Cane who eyed everyone walking in. His grandson. As much as he looks like Zane, his eyes screamed Paisli. They melted his heart. He's a grandpop, who would've thought he'd live to see this.

"So? What y'all got and why is Sophia here? Isn't she traumatized enough?" Paisli smartly asked. Jordan looks down at Sophia as she looks up at him. She snaps her neck at everyone's utter silence. "What?" Sophia snaps her neck at Jordan, rolling her eyes and sucking her teeth she clears her throat.