Chapter 6

A/N: sorry I haven't been updating, but merry Christmas and please comment/ favorite/ share!!! Pretty please?!

(There is a song that goes with this chapter if you wanna)
Together, Chapter 6: Go to Hades!

Rachel sat anxiously at the fire. She had gotten an urgent text from Will two hours ago, saying that they had found Cordelia in the woods. Rachel had expected them to be back earlier, though. She told Cordelia to come after nightfall, but now that Will and Nico were with here, she could come whenever she wanted. But, night had since already fallen. The only question was, where was Cordelia?

Rachel could feel memories bubble into her immediate thoughts, as if they were a pleasant pollution to her inevitable, self-caused, doom. Memories of herself and Cordelia laughing and gossiping late into the night, for for the past two years, they were room mates at Clarion Academy. Cordelia had gotten expelled for killing a student last year, and ran through the forest for a year, but surprisingly, may I add, Rachel could still talk to Cordelia via kik. Wow, Cordelia seemed to be constantly on "csmerril98"! Maybe she had an unlimited data plan! (Rachel, by the way, unlike Cordelia, was the queen of cool kik names. Hers was "theoracleofdelphi".)

Rachel shivered in the wind, as she felt two hands wrap around her waist, pushing in her breast slightly. Rachel, surprised, let out a slight moan. Feeling a tingle of another girl's hair touch her own, Cordelia whispered seductively in Rachel's ear "Hey, sexy. I've been missing you." She shrieked and Rachel smiled as Cordelia whipped around her, sitting down on the bench next to her. The light from the fire illuminated her hazel eyes and freckles to an amber light, changing colors as the silent night strolled past the few campers left by the fire. Rachel smiled and pulled her in an embrace.

Nico and Will, who were standing just off to the side,bloomed sulkenly at the two.
"Are you girls going to do anything?" Will asked, stomping his foot out slightly.

"Okay, fine!" Cordelia yelled, pulling her backpack over her shoulder, and standing up, walking over to the boys.

Rachel, following Cordelia's heel, spoke to them. "So now that we know that Cordelia is coming on the quest with us, and not Reyna, I figured out that we'll need to be in Hades by tomorrow. Do us the honor and take us there at midnight?" She asked Nico.

Nico, surprisingly calm about the whole affair, nodded and looked aside. "We have two hours." He said. "Pack a bag, everyone."
-
Rachel could barely make out two figures in the dark. A skinny, black, sunken one, and a taller, more buff one hugging the other. As they approached her, she released her dagger, realizing they were only Will and Nico. The three were silent for a while, until a new sensation broke the silence.

Above them, hovering down, cascading it's wing-like flaps, was a big ball of yellow light. It kept flapping them, causing many a weapon to fling upward, for they were at the heart of the forest near the camp, and strange creatures have been known to lurk in this area. As it approached their heads, they realized it was Cordelia. But not quite Cordelia. On her head rested a golden crown, and her dark hair was pulled forward, displaying a golden light around her... wings.

"You asked for a queen." Cordelia smirked as her feet hit the ground. It was, much different from the girl in messy combat boots and a dirty green jacket they had met just a few hours earlier.

Rachel looked at her, licking her lips slightly, before speaking out. "Uh-Uh, okay. Nico, will you take us?"

Nico stretched his hands, as the others did the same, holding their hands in a tight circle. "Need an animal." Nico said, looking at Cordelia. She flung her hands outward and summoned a lamb, which was black and two horns faced out from its head. "That work? Only thing I could summon." Cordelia smirked, looking at Will's shocked face.

Nico shook his head. "Whatever." He muttered.

They held hands in a circle, as Nico began to mutter a gibberish tongue. A blasting light set fire between them, and they were off. To Hades.
-
Rachel hit the ground with a thud. She stood up automatically, and peered out to the new world.

Plains of barren, dry land was set between them. To the north lay a burning fire, and to the south lay a gray, dull, city, with tall sky scrapers. Maybe Cordelia could work her plant magic here. She only inherited a little animal magic from her sister, but what little she could do must meant that her plant magic was very, very powerful.

She looked out. To her left, a boy with blonde hair was waving their arms. She immediately recognized him as Will, and he came running to her.

"You seen Nico?" He asked, panting.

"No. You're the first one I've seen." She said, with a bit of terror in her eyes. All of the sudden, Cordelia, dressed in her normal attire- black boots, gray pants, black shirt, green jacket, hair in two braids, was running, with Nico in her arms.

"Found him a bit west! He had collapsed after we landed!"

"HE NEEDS AMBROSIA!" Rachel yelled, and Will shoved at his backpack, pulling out squares of ambrosia and a bottle of nectar. Will fed a square to him, as the paleness to Nico's face vanished, and he sat up.

"Nico, you're alive!" Will said, hugging him automatically.

"Someone... Interfered with our travel, and I had to fight them... They sent us instead of to Hades to..." He stopped, looking at Cordelia straight in the eye. "Christian Hell."