Chapter 2

Jack saw Ralph get on the deck of the ship. Saw how weak he was. How fragile he was. Anger and jealousy still burned inside him, 'he deserves it,' he thought to himself. Of course he does, and he kept telling himself that, but seeing how gentle he was with Samaneric, leading them to the ship, made him even more annoyed. He thought Ralph would've lashed out. But why didn't he? Jack also realized that for the first time ever, he's seen the boy cry. Why now? Was he really that scared of Jack and the savages? Or was it for some other reason? He couldn't imagine any other possibility for Ralph to cry over though, so it was probably just fear. But now that the officer was here, why did he still see his shoulders jump and his body flinch every other second? It was obvious he's been weeping, but he's safe now. He should feel safe. There was no way Jack was going to go after him at this point, which displeased him. He wanted Ralph to learn a good lesson.. to never mistreat him. How could he favor Piggy over him? Jack was everything Ralph needed, and the fact that he called his hunters just some boys with sticks struck the ginger even more. He's dedicated a lot of work and time into getting pigs for everyone to eat, to actually feed people with food they would like to eat.. and for Ralph to just dismiss them like that was a total mistake. 'Would ya still call us just some boys with sticks now Ralph? Would ya?' He narrowed his eyes while speaking in his head, looking up at the fence which the fair haired boy went through.
Jack held onto the railing and heaved himself up rather easily, pushing himself onto the deck without any problems. He steadied himself on the brown wooden floor and looked around. He's never been on an actual navy ship, and it was really cool. There were two floors, the one he stood on at the moment, and then there was another above which had another deck-like balcony. The deck was wooden but the rest of the ship was grey..and he had to guess it was metal or something.
As Jack looked around, he felt someone bump him, and out of instinct, he said "Hey!" Until he realized he was no longer someone as valued and respected as the men on this ship. The person who bumped into him paid no attention nor even bothered to say sorry, and he seemed to be dragging one of the tribe members with someone else's help. They were saying worried words, or at least they might have been judging by their tones.
Jack didn't really care. Just a littlun probably, and he turned around to see if everyone made their way onto the boat. As if his mind had a flashback to just a few moments ago, he did remember seeing the back of the person's head, with blonde hair. He then quickly turned around again, and looked at the men who were heading inside the ship, carrying Ralph by letting him lay his two arms over both of their shoulders while his feet were being dragged on the floor.
Unconscious is the closest he'll ever be to dead. But he'll be alright, and Jack didn't know if this was something he was or wasn't against. He's had a nice time imagining life without Ralph, where he was the leader, made the orders, where everyone just played with pigs blood and hunted for piglets. The life he wanted. Violence was what he wanted and still did. But, he wasn't all like this the first time they went onto the island.. no, he just helped with the fire and hung out with Ralph. It was Piggy who changed it. He was so annoying, his little squeaky voice coming from his fat body. How could Ralph even bare with him? He didn't understand. It annoyed him how Ralph defended Piggy... yes.. this was all mainly about Piggy and Ralph just happened to interfere. If he stayed silent, if he didn't prioritize that kid over him, if he maybe listened to Jack sometimes, maybe showed appreciation, maybe if he didn't become like Piggy, maybe..just maybe..they could've done things together. Jack then started fantasizing about killing pigs and playing with their blood with Ralph. Sitting next to him at the fire and ruling their own sides but put together and they'd be one.. Ralph would have his kids who just liked making fires and Jack would have his hunters.. that would've been great.. until he realized it used to somewhat be like that. Jack and Ralph were mainly the ones who got to use the conch at the beginning, the ones who got to decide what they wanted to do.. they used to be friends. Sure, Jack was jelous that Ralph was the leader, but Ralph let him have his own group and voice. He also talked to him differently than he did with the others and looked at him differently too. In a good, better way. The only emotions in Ralph's eyes, the last time they interlocked with Jack's, was sadness, pain, and fear. Those scars all over his body weren't there before. Jack did them. Jack did everything. And he's realized they had a thing before all of this. They really had a thing. A connection of some sort, he just remembered so vividly how shy they both were of eachother, how Ralph would've made his face scarlet, not from anger, but just the moment they shared... the way he felt. The way they felt. But now that's probably never going to happen, and Jack could only see this now. This pause, this stop from violence, running, anger, the chase, was a time to reflect and really think about what just happened. He realized he was too blinded by his own jealousy, rage and feeling of betrayal, to realize he's hurt someone who used to mean something more to him than just some random kid he got stuck with on an island. He's almost killed him.. and for what? He's loved blood, he's loved violence, but he back then, would've never hurt Ralph. Never. His own thirst and lust for bloodshed has brought him to a desperate point where he would've killed his friend. Or.. someone who used to be his friend.. because their friendship was over for a very very long time.. why did he go so far to the point where he burned a whole island just to attempt and kill this boy? Why? He felt terrible. He didn't know what to do. He really felt a connection with Ralph back then.. the first time they talked, it just went so well. Then they explored together... and it just went from there. It broke him knowing he would've killed Ralph if the officer wasn't there, because the mask he painted on his face, hid him. Gave him no shame for what he did. In a sense that he felt free. He didn't want this anymore. Didn't want to make this stupid mistake again.
Jack ran to the railing with the open fence, which was about to close, but he yelled for the officer to wait as he knelt down on his knees, dropped his hands in the water, and brought them to his face, wiping away the clay. The mask he made to hide himself from this world. From Ralph. Why did he make it again? Oh yeah.. he would've lost his confidence, maybe even broken to tears as he did when no one wanted him to replace Ralph as leader. Scared of the real world. Scared of himself. Because he knew he wasn't mentally fit. He knew he had issues and problems...
He stared at his reflection, seeing his expression on his paint-free face. He bore no savagery in his eyes, no flame of anger. Just regret and confusion.
He and Ralph... They had a thing but they lost it...

Hope no one got offended if I made Jack call Piggy fat, I just want this to be in character. This chapter was literally fluff and I'm sorry but it's not like anyone's gonna read this anyways. If u do by any magical reason, that's amazing, thanks and sorry once again. ;)