Chapter 4

The Seaman's name was Erik. Tall, blonde, and obviously in his Navy uniform. He was the one who was taking care of all the kids, meaning taking their names, checking for any injuries or sickness, just general stuff, oh and of course, answering and asking questions.

The tribe sat in a decent sized room. Didn't have any windows, none of the rooms did. Probably to be more safe. The only way to see outside was from the decks and the main base of the ship.

Erik the Seaman, sat on a chair with a clipboard in hand, while all the other boys were on the floor. They seemed to have calmed down a bit. Most of them were rather excited, as none of them have probably ever been on a ship before. What was a big factor to their mood was knowing they've left the island behind and are able to go home. People were cheerful, well, most of them were. Others didn't show those energetic emotions, especially someone, with a dark, troubled expression, as if he was hiding an evil sinister thought behind his eyes. Roger.

Jack observed Roger in the crowd of boys sitting on the floor. He was silent, expressionless, even. The red haired boy frowned as he wondered why. Why was Roger unhappy? Even though Jack himself wasn't satisfied, he didn't bear such emotions. Should he ask him what's wrong?

The freckled boy started to crawl over to Roger while everyone else was distracted by Erik, and he sat down next to the black haired savage.

"Roger, how are you feeling?" Jack wondered out loud. It made Roger turn his cold gaze toward him.

"It's all over.." he murmured unhappily.

"What is?" Jack asked, though he knew exactly what the ravenette meant.

"Killing. Being able to kill. Stab. Feel the tip of a spear cut through flesh. Hear the screams of pain. It's gone.. all of it.." He whispered, his eyebrows clenched together in frustration. "You feel it too, don't ya?" Their gaze met. Jack didn't know anymore. It was all so sudden. First he was killing pigs and now he was almost about to kill Ralph. He already tore Simon in pieces, and even though he loved killing, it didn't necessarily have to be human.

"Roger, you can be a hunter if you really like it. You can stab as much as you want-"

"I..I want to kill Ralph." Roger hissed under his breath. "Are you going to help me? Or not?"

The red haired boy's heart started pounding and nervousness swept over him. He has just come to realization that he's been a monster, nearly killing a boy he liked so much because of jealousy. Cause Ralph favoured Piggy over him. He loved the taste of power, and death, being able to take away a creature's life so instantly. But..Ralph..not him. He didn't know what was going on inside his head when he wanted to burn the whole island just to let that blonde boy's life finally slip out of his body. No. It was just a heated moment of anger. He didn't know how else to express it. He knew if he killed Ralph, he would've had endless nights of crying and flashbacks to the first days on the island when they were together. Happy. Oh he just wanted to feel those emotions again. So pure and innocent.

"Jack?!" Roger spat louder, yet his voice was still a hushed whisper. Anger and fire flared in his eyes. The eyes of a psychopath.

"Roger..why Ralph? Can't you just kill animals? Like pigs-"

"I want Ralph dead! You wanted to kill him too! Now what? You're pretending to be the good guy because we're finally saved? I hate Ralph, he's like Piggy. Just like that fat little dumb kid. They're both so full of themselves! Ralph isn't a proper leader, never will be! Help me kill him, Jack, and stop being pathetic." Roger snarled aggressively.

Jack just stared at him, shocked. Was he really just telling himself that he didn't want Ralph dead just cause he's been saved? Did he really want to kill him right now?

"No." He whispered a response. He knew what he did was wrong. Ralph tried his best to be a good person, and even though he's been very annoying, it's not right to kill him for it. Or at least Ralph.. Jack still didn't care about Simon or Piggy's death, but Ralph was different. Those two had a connection.. he felt special when he was with Ralph, or at least until Ralph started to care for that stupid fat kid.

"No?!-" Roger was about to say something else until they heard a door open.

Jack turned his head to look at the wall behind him from where the sound came from, and he saw a grown up holding it open, with Ralph next to him.

The blonde boy was clean, but had so many long red marks all over his body, and a huge white bandage wrapped around his upper waist. He wore some sweats and shoes. The boy looked weak, sad, the life in his eyes was so dull. Jack has never seen him like this before. It's as if the boy was depressed.

Srry 4 mistakes, wrote this at 1 a.m